What's new

restaurant kitchen floor mats

Dubois Laundry/Carwash

2 bay SS (and laundromat)
Reaction score
I was approached by a restaurant to wash their greasy kitchen floor mats in my SS carwash. I would crank up the water temperature and the soap concentration and scrub with a stiff floor broom, but I have no idea how to price this type full-service activity in my SS carwash.

I already do full-service aprons and towels in my otherwise self service laundromat, and price that by the pound.

Kitchen floor mats won't fit my laundry scale. Do it by the square foot?

Any suggestions?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
why not just make a couple calls to carpet cleaners you find in the yellow pages and ask them?

a guess is $25. pure guess.

galen

Reaction score
I would use a tire cleaner or degreaser on them first. do you have to go pick them up? If they bring them to you, then 25 per mat sound fair.

Eric H

Reaction score
I have a few restaurants that do it themselves at my wash. The grease tends to leave the pattern of the mat on the floor for a few weeks after. It is not slippery but the concrete absorbs the grease. Sometimes they bring their own cleaner which leaves really clean spots on my walls. I consider my walls to be pretty clean so I think this cleaner must be HF. I'm not sure not sure how I feel about them using the HF.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
HF is not a particularly good degreaser. My guess is that they are using a very concentrated high pH product - probably something with a lot of caustic soda. While not as toxic as HF it is very capable of causing serious skin burns or real problems if it comes into contact with the eyes.

MEP001

Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone clean rubber mats at our wash in a while - I did run off a couple guys because theirs were so heavily coated with grease that they'd leave it spattered everywhere, even on the 14-foot high ceiling. I haven't seen any since, but when they did wash they'd spend a good five bucks to clean a half-dozen mats. I'd charge at least twice what it would cost in bay time, maybe more.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you do it yourself you can do anything you want; put plastic down, etc. I bet a product called 'braker' would work great on greasy mats. It's one helluva degreaser. Made by c.a.r. products.

I'm involved currently with a project involving some burned and soot-covered aluminum truck rack bodies and without braker I'd be pulling my hair out. And I've got some great hair. haha.:)