What's new

Rest-Rooms with Blue Light?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Like many car wash - convenience store facilities we have a rest room for our customers. It is IMO a plus also for the car n dog wash portion of our business.

Having said that .... we really don't want the restroom(s) to be too extra nice... to the point that some customers &/or customers stay in too long. Any thoughts about blue-light LED lighting vs normal more white-ish light? I read on the internet that a convenience chain in Pennsylvania has dabbled in going that route for their rest room lighting.

New Washdog

Reaction score
Like many car wash - convenience store facilities we have a rest room for our customers. It is IMO a plus also for the car n dog wash portion of our business.

Having said that .... we really don't want the restroom(s) to be too extra nice... to the point that some customers &/or customers stay in too long. Any thoughts about blue-light LED lighting vs normal more white-ish light? I read on the internet that a convenience chain in Pennsylvania has dabbled in going that route for their rest room lighting.
I believe blue lights make it hard to see vanes for your opiate users.. For the rest of us it's just annoying.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I believe blue lights make it hard to see vanes for your opiate users.. For the rest of us it's just annoying.
Wow ... I remember once an RN was trying to locate my vein for an IV tube insertion before a needed surgery. And that was with close to perfect lighting!

About the annoying part ... I am thinking that they would be more likely go to different rest room ... especially the ones who want to settle in. Maybe it is a secrecy thing for some since even mini whiskey open containers are not allowed in hopefully most jurisdictions.

Last edited:

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Ahh forget it with blue-lights put black lights in there and you'll see a instant decrease in customers wanting to stay in there LOL :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

mac

Reaction score
Put religious posters all over thee walls and pipe in a Bible thumping station.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Blue lights used in some railway station bathrooms here in Australia to prevent inejcting into veins. Not very common, only in very worst drug use areas.
I did put in 2 blue led 60W equivalent LED bubs from Amazon. One mature lady went in & had a bit of fun as she went into the small restroom before she closed & locked the door. With other customers also noticing while the door was still open ... I asked her "tell me the truth ... how do you like the blue light"?

With a sense of humor ... while she did a bit of a fully clothes dance ... she said it reminded her of a disco dance place!

Yesterday evening ... I noticed in the latest SSCWN that it seems like G&S LED Lighting has programmable LEDs made for a possible car wash promotion technique???

Last edited: