What's new

Reprogram hub scrub on Mark 7

waterboy

Reaction score
Happy Hoildays. Just replaced the plc on my GT-300 everything works except the front hub scrubs misses the front wheels. Tried to reprogram per manual but plc won't take. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I don't know what the manual says since I don't have one handy, but on my machine you do the following.

Put switch in test position
Move gantry until brushes are in desired position
Leave in test position and hold reset button in until the horn blows (app. 20 seconds)
Put switch back in run position and send gantry home

A couple of questions come to mind.

Is Hub-Scrub selected in the CMI?
Is the gantry trained to the track length?

HTH

waterboy

Reaction score
Thanks

Yes that is what the manual does say, but when you hold the reset button ( with the machine switch in the test position) the gantry just honks and goes home. The hub scrub was not selected on the cmi. I am guessing you are talking test mode in the cmi. When I first installed the plc last night it was coming up with a code for track length d-1-0, I think it was. I then ran the gantry down to the end of the track and back and the code never came back. Should I put the cmi in test mode for the hub scrub, before moving the gantry to the correct position and then holding the reset button for 20 seconds ?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Keep in mind that my machine is the factory test machine built in '04. It was the very first one built and I'm assuming that there have been revisions since then.

I'm wondering if your PLC knows that your machine actually has Hub-Scrub. Is there a selection in the CMI asking if your machine is so equipped? I don't think that having the CMI in HS test would make any difference. I was actually wondering if you had selected HS when programming the wash menus.

That's all I got for now.

garbageman

Reaction score
put the machine in test and move the gantry to the desired position (in the middle of the treadle). make sure you are only moving from exit to entrance. if you overshoot, start over.
on the cmi, do the hubscrub test
while hubscrub is "working" press and hold reset until it honks
stop test, put in run and reset machine

waterboy

Reaction score
Bingo

Got to love this forum. Just saved me a service call !! Garbageman that did it. I appreciate
all the help. Have a Happy New Year !! Mike.