What's new

Replacing "STOP" with "PAUSE" on Self Serve Decal?

Rudy

Reaction score
I'm having new decals made for my self serve bays.

Has anyone replaced the "stop" with something else?

When credit card customers "stop", they mistakenly think that the rotary switch stops the CC charges, instead of using the stop button on the CC swiper.

What about replacing "stop" with the "Pause"?

David Rolf

Reaction score
Yes, I made this small change a few months back and it's made a difference. It cost me 10 bucks to make a whole sheet of decals.

slash007

Reaction score
I'm having new decals made for my self serve bays.

Has anyone replaced the "stop" with something else?

When credit card customers "stop", they mistakenly think that the rotary switch stops the CC charges, instead of using the stop button on the CC swiper.

What about replacing "stop" with the "Pause"?
My latest doors say "Equipment Safety Stop" and I have not had a single call from that location due to pressing the wrong button. I bet it said pause, some people would expect charges to pause as they detail wheels or bucket wash.

OurTown

Reaction score
We went round and round about what to put there. My idea was "neutral" but in the end we went with "inactive". The thing is that people think in so many different ways. To some, "pause" might think the timer is paused and is not using any time/money.

Rudy

Reaction score
It was suggested to me, to consider adding a note (to the decal) that says, "STOP, does not stop the charges".

Keno

Reaction score
We changed ours to off, haven’t had many issues with people not hitting stop on the separate cc box after that

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
IMO no matter what synonym of "stop" you use, some customers will get it wrong.
I recommend using something completely different, for example "be a good guy" or "wash every day" or a smiley face, or put a QR code there with an advertisement. Or whatever. Just not a synonym for "stop".

mucoucah

Reaction score
We placed a sticker saying "Pause" on the dial and "stop" in the button. It helped big time. Now i need better decals that dont fall off.