What's new

Replacing front of conveyor

Robert2181

Reaction score
Looking to replace the take up section (front) of my Hanna conveyor. Has anyone done this before? Anything input would be greatly appreciated. We have re-shelved the other sections before. The front section frame is getting pretty worn.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
I replaced both ends of my conveyor 7 years ago. The drive and takeup sections take the most abuse and have all the moving parts. My original conveyor was installed in 1995 and the center sections have been replated. I plan to replace the entire thing in about 3 years.

dewey9876

I CLN CAZ
Reaction score
Sorry this does not answer your question but I need to re-deck or re-plate my Sonny's conveyor. Can you give me a estimate of cost per foot? I understand their are many variables just trying to get an idea of cost.
Thanks

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
All you need is some flat steel that is around 1/2 inch narrow than the deck you are plating . If your deck is 6 inches wide you should use 5 1/2 x 1/4 flat steel. That leaves you 1/4 inch on each side to weld to your existing deck. I like to use 20 foot sections because it leaves less joints. Go to your local steel supplier and order the material. I've always just welded on my own but an experienced welder could do it in a few hours.