What's new

replacing Foambrite

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
How do you you know when it's time to replace Foambrite? Anybody have anything new to add to the Foambrite/ Neoglide discussion? I guess if I stick with FB I have the ability to do some sections at a time. If I switch to NG would I have to do it all at once? Ryko really takes no prisioners on their aftermarket prices!

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I too need to replace some sections, but with the prices per section top middle and bottom varying and are not cheap.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
If you stay on top of it, you only need to replace the bottom two or three brushes when the "fingers" are almost gone. If you run it with a lot of lower brush missing you will start eating into the upper and middle brushes. This is why it is better to replace a couple now rather than waiting until you have to replace 5 or 6 on both rear arms. "Aftermarket" actually refers to a brush made by someone other than the manufacture. Ryko's brushes are "OEM" or Original Equipment Manufacture". Not only do you have to replace ALL the brushes when switching to aftermarket but you have to buy new shafts AND gearboxes too. Keep in mind the shorter the brushes, the closer the center of the brush moves towards the vehicle and the more likely you will damage mirrors.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Email me later this week (I am on vacation) and I will send you a diagram showing placement and part numbers along with ryko's list price.