What's new

Replacement for Ultimate tube heater fan?

slash007

Reaction score
There are a few threads about replacing the fan on an Ultimate tube heater, but they are old. Has anyone found a direct or compatible replacement for the fan on the tube heater? I had tried calling Ultimate, but it seems they are closed all week or maybe forever since their voicemail doesn't indicate anything, but if I could get a local replacement to expedite the process and save money it would be great.

Thanks.

Of course after I post this they finally answer.... Anyhow, they don't sell the stainless version anymore and want $275 for the steel version without the inlet even included.

Last edited:

Washingcars

Reaction score
I will be at wash in the morning n will get for you, thought I had pic with number on my phone but couldn’t find it.

slash007

Reaction score
Found it on Zoro, here is the item #G2103403. Grainger has it as well, but of course it costs more there. I paid $81 after tax, Ultimate wanted $275+ shipping.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Slash007,

If you can find out what the pressure range & the differential range is for a known working heater, then you could be more sure on whether that one you linked to would work. For our modular pulse boiler system & our washing machine water level pressure switches ... using the proper range Dwyer Magnelic is great for testing & tweaking the adjustment screws in needed. http://www.dwyer-inst.com/Product/Pressure/DifferentialPressure/Gages/

slash007

Reaction score
View attachment 1055 Here is a picture of the current pressure switch. The one I linked has an adjustable range from 0.10 to 10.0, so that part should be fine as the original is .56. I am still not sure if the pressure switch is the issue. Shouldn't I be able to bypass it and confirm? All 3 legs are used, so I wasn't sure what two I need to jump together in order to bypass the air activation.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
When the pressure builds up it should make or break contacts. Hopefully, there is not anything else that would complicate the testing with a simple continuity check on even the most basic multimeter.

sparkey

Reaction score
My believe my ultimate heater uses a c-form contact. It looks for a closed and open state depending if the fan is running or not. I had trouble with the pressure switch not operating correctly and ran a wire through the little hole where the hose connects on the heater and cured my problem. I think it started to corrode shut.