What's new

replacement bill counter

1carwash1

Reaction score
looking to replace a broken bill counter. looked at several models Billcon, Amrotek, and Cummins Allison. Tired of manually separating bills which means i need a 1.5 or 2 pocket machine. The cummins Allison has an extensive dealer network and seems to have good resale value but is priced the highest of the machines I considered. Does anybody own or have experience with the Cummins Allison 4096ES and some recent pricing? Any other machine I should be considering?

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
DO NOT BUY MUNBYN IMCO1 Banknote Counter.
Mine came in while I was on vacation. When I got back it took me a week or so to finally open the box up.
Everything looked fine.
I spent at least 2 hrs. trying to count $100 in ones. Only 3 times was it counted correct.
So I gave it to the BOSS (Wife) to figure it out. She actually read the directions a couple of times and couldn’t get it to work either..
We were told that it was not returnable because it was over 30 days.
I paid $750-800.

Roz

Reaction score
Cummins Jetscan. they make several models. Almost bullet proof. A bit pricey but it is the model most banks use and it is reliable. I found a good used one in Ebay.

APW

Reaction score

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Are you sure your bank won't accept unsorted mixed denominations? When I found out mine did I bought a mixed denomination counter that does not sort. . Less expensive than a sorter.

soapy

Reaction score
I use the Jet scan Cummons and it is a real work horse. The local banks here only have the single pocket while mine is the dual pocket. Glory is used by some banks here but most use the cummins.

cmawash

Reaction score
I use the Jet scan Cummons and it is a real work horse. The local banks here only have the single pocket while mine is the dual pocket. Glory is used by some banks here but most use the cummins.
2 th your choice, works great,can be serviced as needed, well worth the investment

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Are you sure your bank won't accept unsorted mixed denominations? When I found out mine did I bought a mixed denomination counter that does not sort. . Less expensive than a sorter.
I was told by a local Bank Equipment Supplier Cummins sales person ... who I personally trust more than some persons on the internet ... that the Cummins bill sorter counter would have by far more maintenance concerns than the Cummins coin sorter counter. To his credit IMHO ... his honesty overrode that fact that I was ready to shell out the money for a brand new bill sorter counter from him.

Before the heckling & personal attacks start:
That is not to say that some car wash operator with better local Cummins Service Support might have a different experience!

cooll903

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good coin counter? dont need it to sort. just if it isnt a quarter, drop it out the side. also dont want to pay 300-400 dollars.

MEP001

Reaction score
Klopp has the best counters for car washes because it will handle wet coins, but the cheapest one is $1100. It doesn't sort at all.

This one will off-sort, but only smaller coins than what you're counting. Larger coins will jam it, and you have to stop and remove them. That's the best you're going to get for under $500.

FWIW, I take quarters to the bank in bags of $500. I pay the same ($4 per bag) whether the count is correct or not. I use a digital parts-counting scale that I calibrated for quarters and it's accurate to within three coins. I have to sort out tokens before deposit which I do by hand, takes less than five minutes per $500.

Last edited:

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Scan coin 303 is a good one. Portable and sorts coins. It is not as good as Klopp on wet coins.
FWIW ... we avoid directly throwing from a drenched car wash coin box (wet coins) into into our serial-LAN connected Cummins Coin Counter. It really takes almost zero time to throw the coins on a towel so they are not dripping wet & then quickly rub the coins with another towel from above. They certainly do not have to be 100% dry for our long term durable Cummins Coin Counter. Proven ... actual hands on experience ... since fall of 2002.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I use a digital parts-counting scale that I calibrated for quarters and it's accurate to within three coins. I have to sort out tokens before deposit which I do by hand, takes less than five minutes per $500.
I use a small digital scale from Harbor Freight. I hand counted $100 in quarters to see what it would read. Then I put a container on it that will hold that much and dup in quarters to reach that amount. It takes a few seconds and can then dump that into a larger container if needed. It's within one quarter per $100.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong ... but I am pretty sure that some digital scales can be set up with a nifty serial-lan connection like my Cummins hi speed sorter counter has been set up reliably since 2002. That would be my preference ... including if we ever would spring for a more high priced bill sorter-counter than our existing "el cheapo" Sam's Club non sorter bill counter.

slash007

Reaction score
Klopp has the best counters for car washes because it will handle wet coins, but the cheapest one is $1100. It doesn't sort at all.

This one will off-sort, but only smaller coins than what you're counting. Larger coins will jam it, and you have to stop and remove them. That's the best you're going to get for under $500.

FWIW, I take quarters to the bank in bags of $500. I pay the same ($4 per bag) whether the count is correct or not. I use a digital parts-counting scale that I calibrated for quarters and it's accurate to within three coins. I have to sort out tokens before deposit which I do by hand, takes less than five minutes per $500.
I use a similar model to this and it works great. I just dry any wet quarters before I put them in. Usually quarters only, but occasionally I use it to sort out smaller coins. Large coins do jam it, but I don't accept dollar coins so it's rare that one is in there.

Cleve Carlile

Reaction score
looking to replace a broken bill counter. looked at several models Billcon, Amrotek, and Cummins Allison. Tired of manually separating bills which means i need a 1.5 or 2 pocket machine. The cummins Allison has an extensive dealer network and seems to have good resale value but is priced the highest of the machines I considered. Does anybody own or have experience with the Cummins Allison 4096ES and some recent pricing? Any other machine I should be considering?
Buy the best counter first through Cummins Direct! No need to go through the frustration. New pricing below
JetCount 4020 Bill Counter $750 plus tax (all freight and fees included)
JetScan 4068 Currency Scanner $1750 single pocket reads all denominations Counts mixed currency, Sorts, and stops on odd notes in a strap
JetScan 4098 Currency Scanner $3295 two pocket reads all denominations, Sorts notes, removes odd notes and faces notes.
The price includes set up and training! Call 770-975-4316 for more details ask for Cleve

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
including if we ever would spring for a more high priced bill sorter-counter than our existing "el cheapo" Sam's Club non sorter bill counter.
I have 4 of these in operation for years. . Great if sorting not an issue.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I just spent 1K refurbishing my 4098 through our local Cummins Allison dealer. The rubber rollers had gotten gooey and I told the repairman to go through it thoroughly. I originally bought the unit on ebay maybe five years ago for around $1500. Hope it works for a few more years. It's a huge time saver.

Etowah
Etowah