What's new

Replaced regulator...

Scott.Downey

Reaction score
After changing out broken pressure Regulator i notice the gage jumps when someone lets off the handle, I've seen the somewhere on here what to do to fix this but I'm not finding it now....we are running around 1175 and jumps to 1900 + when someone gets off the trigger.

washnvac

Reaction score
You need to adjust it down with nut or unscrew body of regulator some; depends what kind you have. Released pressure should be same as when trigger is pulled.

Randy

Reaction score
What brand regulator did you buy? I use the RE7085 from KR.

washnvac

Reaction score
Yep…so loosen the lock nut on the body, and turn the body counter clockwise slowly while pump running, but trigger off. Reduce til you get to your target pressure setting. Then tighten lock nut.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I had a guy tell me one time pressure shouldn't spike more than 10% when the trigger is released, don't know if that "official" info or he just made that up. I always get someone out in the bay to pull the trigger or if by myself leave the wand in the holder and block the trigger open with a 4lb hammer. Turn up to desired pressure with the trigger pulled, then stop when it reaches that point.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
if by myself leave the wand in the holder and block the trigger open with a 4lb hammer. Turn up to desired pressure with the trigger pulled, then stop when it reaches that point.
I use a bungee strap to hold the trigger and to secure the wand to the wand holder....I tried a tennis ball once! That was fun trying to chase down the gun once it blew out of the holder!

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
That was fun trying to chase down the gun once it blew out of the holder!
You probably should have just turned the switch to OFF... :)

My family was in the business long before trigger wands, and rotary or push button switches. We only had water with soap, water without soap, and OFF. If the toggle switch was not in the OFF position...look out! We always got a laugh out of people chasing the flying wands all over the bay, banging their car, and sometimes themselves (looking back, a ticking time bomb, but we were naive). When they would say something to us about it, we would ask them why they just didn't turn the switch off. This usually prompted a stupid look on their faces before they would say "There should be a sign!" We would then refer them to the very first step on the instruction sign "Grasp wand firmly." Thank God this was before there was an ambulance chaser on every corner, and on every other TV commercial.

Scott.Downey

Reaction score
Thanks for the help everyone, we seem to have gotten it. I have tried chasing down a runaway wand as well once!