What's new

Replace Jim Coleman keypad with Rotary Knob?

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
For your coin acceptors, make sure you have it programmed to a value for the coin. If your dixmor is reading coin, apparently it is getting some type of input from the sensotron. So maybe just a setup issue.

Your low pressure functions need some type of pump to operate. Either electric or air driven. Your high pressure pump contactor should not be energized with low pressure functions. Sounds like you have some research to do.

Joswhaha

Reaction score
For your coin acceptors, make sure you have it programmed to a value for the coin. If your dixmor is reading coin, apparently it is getting some type of input from the sensotron. So maybe just a setup issue.

Your low pressure functions need some type of pump to operate. Either electric or air driven. Your high pressure pump contactor should not be energized with low pressure functions. Sounds like you have some research to do.
How it is currently hooked up the high pressure pump does not engage. There is a presoak solenoid that opens and a solenoid beyond the high pressure pump that opens. It currently works but I didn’t know if it needed more pressure from some where.

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
Start at your low pressure chemical tanks. Follow the hose routing. You should have a line from the tanks, to some type of pump. Also air lines should intersect and then a single line should go to each bay boom.
Some systems run the air and chem to the booms and intersect there.

MEP001

Reaction score
Your presoak uses a solenoid and a secondary regulator to drop the pressure down to 300 or so PSI. It needs to be connected at 22 with the other high pressure functions on the 2x stack, and the presoak wire connected to the 12 output on the switch. Both the presoak supply solenoid and the pressure-reducer solenoid come on together.

Joswhaha

Reaction score
Thanks, I got the presoak all worked out. I guess I should have thought about this before but I currently have 16-wax,17- foam conditioning, 18- clear coat protectant, 19-spot free. Do I need wax and clear coat protectant or are they really the same thing? I may eventually add an air dryer to the last spot and remove wax or clear coat.

MEP001

Reaction score
Yes, wax and CCP are the same thing on Coleman Super Saver equipment. I've always set up washes with a second rinse before spot free instead of a second wax trying to fool people into wasting money on a different function that isn't different.

tylerwash

Reaction score
Hi Joswhaha, do you have to reuse the old board? I'm thinking to upgrade my Coleman meter box from keypad to rotary switch as well. Thanks

Joswhaha

Reaction score
Hi Joswhaha, do you have to reuse the old board? I'm thinking to upgrade my Coleman meter box from keypad to rotary switch as well. Thanks
The new setup does not require a board at all. Just a rotary switch and timer. It is a pretty simple setup and so far it has worked with any issues.