What's new

replace helix Motor

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
How often do you guys replace the motors that turn the helix in your shurvend?

I'm asking because in the past few weeks we've gotten a bunch of phone calls about vending issues, most say the coil didnt turn or didnt turn far enough.

So Im thinking maybe I need to replace some of the motors? I do have a half dozen spares that I've never used, so no big deal, but I'm wondering if this is a regular maintenance item that I should have been doing.

chaz

Reaction score
I’ve replaced maybe three motors in ten years. I have a Ginsan vendor. Maybe u need to “zero” your motors...I assume that’s something you can do with your unit?!

Eric H

Reaction score
I think I have replaced 4 or 5 in the last 15+ years. I haven't had the motors go bad, usually the plastic adaptor between the motor and helix breaks off and I can't get the pin out of the motor. Jim included a bunch of extra motors in the vendors so I don't mind trashing the motor instead of spending an hour getting the pin out.

I'd reconfigure the drop sensor before I tried to track down a possible bad motor.

How old is this machine? Do you know what sensit system it has? I think AMS is on Sensit 3. Upgrade kits are available.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Thanks.
Mine is about 13-14 years old, I have never needed to replace a motor. This past couple months though I've had multiple customers tell me the product never moved at all, and I saw it myself once - thats why I'm pretty sure its the motors.
Seems to be a lot better since the weather warmed up, which also indicates weak motors, so my intention is to replace any motor that does not drop a product, and hopefully that'll solve it.