What's new

Repairing 90° Boom Swivels and Straight Swivels

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
MJ....I rebuilt one of the Fluid Controls Swivels with the rebuild kit from KR. Its super easy to do. The kit comes complete with "Dies" to push out the old SS shaft and O-ring. (Don't miss removing the nylon backing washer)...Once apart, the o-ring crumbled to pieces since it was so old. No wonder it leaked. When reinstalling the new Nylon backing washer, O-ring, and SS shaft, I used Sil-glyde to put it all back together. I also forced some 90w oil into the bearing. If installed correctly, water should not get into the bearing. I'm with you, its so easy to rebuild, why not do it a time or two. Although new swivels are only $15.25....
For those of you interested....The O-ring used in this swivel (Fluid Controls SW0260) is a 1/16 x 5/16 x 7/16. HD or Lowes will have them for about 50 cents...I doubt the nylon washer will ever go bad. So if you order at least one rebuild kit to get the push dies, you'll be all set to rebuild one of these swivels for 50 cents or less.

BTW,
I got the new swivels installed in each of my bays using a 12" long "Swivel Saver" HP hose...Its amazing how much easier it is to circle a car and not have the hose bind up. I've already received many positive comments on the addition. People do notice!

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
For those of you interested....The O-ring used in this swivel (Fluid Controls SW0260) is a 1/16 x 5/16 x 7/16. HD or Lowes will have them for about 50 cents...I doubt the nylon washer will ever go bad. So if you order at least one rebuild kit to get the push dies, you'll be all set to rebuild one of these swivels for 50 cents or less.

BTW,
I got the new swivels installed in each of my bays using a 12" long "Swivel Saver" HP hose...Its amazing how much easier it is to circle a car and not have the hose bind up. I've already received many positive comments on the addition. People do notice!
2Biz,

Thanks ... hopefully, we will keep in touch on how well the more economical just the o' ring approach is working out. We will also try that approach in the future now that you enlightened us! We have an investment with our brand new Hydrospray ZBooms which I been told are 100% ??? identical to the Mosmatic ZBooms so we want to maintain them the best way possible. That way when the weather is good enough for our preferred cash :) customers ... we will be ready.

Mike Walsh http://kingkoin.com/USA_Deficit_Reduction.html

Randy

Reaction score
The industrial standard for the 1/16 x 5/16 x 7/16 “O” ring is an AS568-011. This a good place to get “O” rings and learn everything there is to know about “O” rings http://www.oringwarehouse.com/