What's new

Repacing Touchscreen 1.0 with Unitec Wash Select II

CNFCW

Reaction score
I have 2 Touchscreens EW 1.0 that I need to replace for newer computer,s does somebody know where I can buy 2 Unitec Wash Select II systems in working conditions that I can replace my old computers.
Thanks,
Antonio

CNFCW

Reaction score
Thank You Greg. I am going put this on hold for now.

MEP001

Reaction score
Check mouser.com, they carry touchscreen replacements. Something like that won't be proprietary.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
CNFCW, If I read correctly on another forum the older Coleman units will lose chase paymenttech processing on May 30th. I don't know if there are other options but you might need to look into that.

robblackburn

Reaction score
Chase Paymentech and Entry Wizard

CNFCW, If I read correctly on another forum the older Coleman units will lose chase paymenttech processing on May 30th. I don't know if there are other options but you might need to look into that.
Yes. It seems that Chase Paymentech has a deadline of May 31, 2017 where they will stop processing credit card transactions from older entry wizard units. There is a software/hardware upgrade available from a consultant but it is an expensive ($2,500) upgrade for an old unsupported machine. However, it is also very expensive to replace entry units with new paystations. I am not sure if the deadline with Chase Paymentech will be extended as it has been in the past so this is a tough decision. Any thoughts ?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Personally, I wouldn't throw good money after bad. Used wash selects are available for roughly 4K.

I wonder if you could make something work with cryptopay?

I've got a EW 2.0 in my basement Ive been meaning to sell. I guess its time to part it out now.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Check mouser.com, they carry touchscreen replacements. Something like that won't be proprietary.
Here is a list or touchscreen replacement at Mouser.com???

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=TOUCH+PANEL+SCREEN

It woud be nice to know if any fear-less car wash operator has made a replacement generic touchscreen work on any touchscreen that went out. It seems like all the specifications would have to match perfectly.

The closest we got was when we disassembled a bill & coin operated Megatouch Evo Ion Video Game's screen ... cleaned the area internally very thoroughly ... & put it back & it then worked perfectly once again.

I heard most Windows 10 touchscreens themselves are replaceable by anybody somewhat handy for a less cost that buying a whole brand new monitor but ... maybe those are not generic replacements ... I am not sure.

MEP001

Reaction score
They used to carry the same touchscreen for $120 that Hamilton used in their D.A.N. and charged an extra $1,000 for.

To be direct plug-and-play, it would either have to be an exact replacement or the unit in place now would have to use common connections. In any case, it could be made to work by someone with the right skills.

There's no such thing as a "Windows 10 touchscreen," it's all a matter of interface and drivers.