What's new

Removing graffiti from Extrutech Plastic wall paneling

Randy

Reaction score
This morning at 5:35am we got hit with gold paint graffiti by 2 girls on foot. Anyone have any ideas on how to get graffiti off of Extrutech Plastic wall paneling?

pgrzes

Reaction score
Try oven cleaner. If its just regular cheap spray paint cans oven cleaner works very well. Spray on leave for a few minutes and high pressure rinse. If its working but not complete try some more. I would do a small spot first.

Last edited:

TimC

Reaction score
The last time we got hit, I used some lacquer thinner and it took it right off without damaging the panels.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Hmmmm.....doesn't pvc cleaner soften the pvc? Might take the finish off the panels?

soapy

Reaction score
I just received the latest SSCWN and it has a article about this. Looks like GOOF OFF is the thing to use for this.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Not sure if it works but a customer who works in the city told me he uses Easy Off or Easy Off for glass top stoves on his trucks to take off spray paint.

Stuart

Reaction score
I have customers who has paint overspray on trucks. They use spray aerosol Shout. Get to it fast! don't let it set any longer than you have to.

Randy

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Got it all off. We wiped it down with a heavy coat of Brake fluid, let it dwell for about 5 minutes and then sprayed it with ZEP Orange cleaner full strength, let it dwell about 10 minutes, brushed it with a stiff brush and pressure washed it off. The brake fluid softens the paint. We’ve found that you need to remove the graffiti ASAP or it’s a lot harder to get off.