What's new

Removing Gantry And All Equipment In-Bay From My Car Wash Tips and Tricks

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Quick question. I need to pull all the in bay automatic equipment (Jim Coleman Water Wizard 1.0) from the wash I sold in January as the new owner is giving it to me as part of the deal. I looked at everything and most of it should be easy other than getting the gantry with the on-board dryers off the track and out the bay door. I am considering a forklift or a tow truck to lift it off the tracks, then remove tracks then somehow work it through the bay doors which are smaller in width. Any tips or tricks for moving the gantry (or the pump stand for that matter) would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance!
Buzzie

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
When we installed our second WW we rented a forklift and raised off tracks and remove from bay by coming out at a angle and all worked well.
We had to remove the mast from lift to clear bay .

Hope this helps.

wash4me

Reaction score
We removed a magic wand Nexus and a few hours with the sawzall and impact had it in pieces we could load on my trailer.

mac

Reaction score
A lot depends on if you plan to try to sell or reuse it. If it's going to the boneyard, I would get what is called a quickie saw. It's gas powered with a 12" metal cutting blade. ,You can pull most gantries over with a rope and a small truck. Chop. Chop.

Kevin James

Reaction score
When we pulled out the last inbay automatic we put about 10 or 12 pallets on the forks so we didn’t have to raise the forks much to lift the machine to get it out the door. If we didn’t use the pallets the forklift boom would have hit the ceiling, it was pretty tight.

WikiWash

Reaction score
We removed our large gantry machine with a forklift and fork extensions so we were able to back it out of the bay. Make sure the machine is balanced too.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
The guy from Coleman have those heavy duty moving dollies with wheels that bolt onto the bottom of the water wizard. In small openings, they take a forklift and tilt the unit it over to get it out the door. You may want to ask your distributor if you can borrow them for a day.

Etowah