What's new

Remotes Gone Haywire After Power Outage

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I have been using this remote for years now without any problems. This remote also works with a few of my DX-2000 timers that I have in some of my older bays as well. After a pretty severe ice storm last week, we lost power for a bit and after getting everything back up and running, I cannot get my remote to work with any of my bays. I have multiple remotes and have tried each of them without success. Has anyone ran into this issue? I cannot believe how inconvenient it is to not have a way to flip the bays on easily and hope someone here has a solution as to how I can fix this problem asap!

Thanks!

John

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
John, just a thought, have you checked to see if the timers went back to the default passwords when they were powered back up? Seems kind of strange that all bays would be like that, but worth a look.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I did not check that only because it doesn't even recognize the remote at all. I can press all the buttons in the world, but neither the Etowah Valley display or the DX-2000 will recognize it. That is what has me baffled...different remotes, fresh batteries and not a single change.

John

Fatboy769

Reaction score
John, so basically when you push the power button on the remote, you are not getting the 4 zeros displaying on the timer? If not, have you reprogrammed the remote(s)?

MEP001

Reaction score
Were all the remotes together in a place where they could have gotten severely cold or wet?

I can't imagine all of your timers would suffer the same malfunction.

bigleo48

Reaction score
When I use to install communications lasers, I cam across a credit card size infra red detector. Its a nice thing to have to quickly check remotes.

I guess you'll need to find another remote to try for starters.

Fatboy769

Reaction score
John, any updates on this problem?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
John,

I am not sure how Randy is doing timewise; but I am pretty sure if anyone would know besides Dixmor themselves is him ... there is a chance he can possibly walk you through whatever.

On your DX-2000s, if I remember right it seems those are the ones that Galen tipped me ... on to their ability with a nifty serial or ethernet connection. I was disappointed when I found out at the Dixmor booth that they had discontinued that ability when I was at the Heartland Show in 2007. Hopefully, Dixmor will still repair them if needed though.

Mike Walsh www.kingkoin.com

MEP001

Reaction score
On your DX-2000s, if I remember right it seems those are the ones that Galen tipped me ... on to their ability with a nifty serial or ethernet connection. I was disappointed when I found out at the Dixmor booth that they had discontinued that ability when I was at the Heartland Show in 2007. Hopefully, Dixmor will still repair them if needed though.
How is that supposed to help with your dollar coin agenda?

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I took new batteries up there with me today and no dice...I'm still remote-less. It was a balmy 1 degree Fahrenheit this morning so I wasn't sticking around to troubleshoot anything too heavily.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I took new batteries up there with me today and no dice...I'm still remote-less. It was a balmy 1 degree Fahrenheit this morning so I wasn't sticking around to troubleshoot anything too heavily.
John,

We had a similar situation where the remote would work on the Dixmors on our Vacs but would not work on our new revised coin boxes in the bay. We went to the back of the Dixmors & went through the programming process through the back of the Dixmor itself ... not just trying the buttons on the remote.

Dixmor is on Mountain Time & Randy is on Pacific Time ... if you need to call one or both of them ... so hopefully you can get the right person on the phone. Both are very quick about getting a component(s) sent out. Ideally, you will have both the remote(s) & your dixmor(s) on your workbench at your fingertips in a warmer actual work area. Unlike some others, I can relate to trying work in extreme cold conditions.

I hope this helps.

mike walsh king koin

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Mr. Randy Nix to the rescue! He walked me through the steps to reset the remotes and we are cruising! Thanks Randy, you're the best!