What's new

Remote Desktop log in

chaz

Reaction score
I’ve been using go to my pc for ten plus years, for remote login to my desktop computer. I’ve tended to use this a couple times a week from my iPad or iPhone. It’s always been about 80 bucks a year, prepaid on auto renewal. The price this year nearly triple!

I’ve now discovered SPLASH TOP. One time app purchase $10, (on sale for 5) plus $17 a year. Quite frankly it’s faster in my opinion than GTMPC. They have a free version, that I played with for a few days before committing. The free version needs to be on same network so not good for my needs.

Just thought I’d share.

bighead

Reaction score
try teamviewer they have a free version and a pay version. we like it

JustaGuy

Reaction score
try teamviewer they have a free version and a pay version.
The free version is for non-commercial use, and if they detect you are using it for commercial purposes they will flag the account and you'll either have to prove it is for personal use or pay the fee for the commercial version ($50/month).

chaz

Reaction score
My usage is so little that I’m confident the team viewer free would work.....problem is it requires entry of a code, displayed on the host computer. When I need remote log in, there is rarely someone at the other end that can enter the code.

Splash top for $17 a year allows remote log in after initial set up.

BBE

Reaction score
It takes ALOT for them to flag you for commercial use. I used TeamViewer for 5 plus years to just remote into one desktop at a time for various things. One of them I flat out left connected almost all the time and I never had a problem. Once we started to expand more and I had multiple connections all going at the same time all of the time, sometimes connections within connections even I did finally get flagged and decided to pony up.

chaz

Reaction score
LogMeIn and GoToMyPC are now same company. Like I said...I was real happy with that service....till the auto renewal nearly tripled my rate. So far SplashTop is dong just fine for my needs

slash007

Reaction score
I use VNC on all my pcs. Best thing I ever used. For remote desktop, it's free with Windows so I use that when I'm on a PC, but VNC from my phone.

boywonder

Reaction score
Any security issues with any of those programs mentioned. Logmein has security issues, and recommends not leaving it enabled for security reasons.

slash007

Reaction score
None at all. VNC is heavily encrypted. I have been using it on all pc's, even for other businesses for about 6 years now.

JustaGuy

Reaction score
My usage is so little that I’m confident the team viewer free would work.....problem is it requires entry of a code, displayed on the host computer. When I need remote log in, there is rarely someone at the other end that can enter the code.
When you set it up you provide a password that can be used when you log in, the code displayed on the PC is for when someone else needs to log in remotely. I have several PCs (mine and family) that I set up that I log in that way.