What's new

Reflex friction wash

washman9

Reaction score
We have a Reflex friction wash, made by motorcity washworks. Need to replace side wheels and top wheel friction cloths. Cost from dealer 9k. Entire machine was just a little over 100k, so in essence you are telling me the cloth alone is worth nearly 10% of the entire machine? Any thougts, aftermarket replacemnts,etc. greatly appreciated.

mac

Reaction score
Something smells rotten. Call some of the brush manufacturers like Erie or Universal

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I looked at video to see what kind of brushes this wash uses. I was trying to figure out if it was a machine I saw at a the show in Novi a few years ago; it had these strange "balloon" type brushes for lack of a better term. After market replacement would be determined by a few factors first of which would be how are the brushes mounted to the shaft (hub style). My next concern would be brush density and balance. Do you know if the brush gives any feedback to the PLC via amp or torque sensing? Often times brush manufactures will want you to change ALL the brush hardware (shaft , gearbox, motor, ect...) and this can outweigh the savings. The one thing you do know is the OEM replacement brushes will work. Do you need to replace all the brushes or are they sectional. normally the lower part of the side brush and the middle part of the top brush are what wears out first. Just wondering how many washes you were able to get out of these brushes and how it was determined they need replacement? Often times its when you start ripping off mirrors.