What's new

Redirect guides on Slugbusters

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
For the past 20 years I have struggled to get quarters and tokens going through the Slugbuster II P-35 coin acceptors, to line up vertically with the 2" pipe that drops down into my coin vault. I can't tell you how many different vacuum hoses and funnels I have tried to make it work. Sometimes, the coinbox is full of tokens, and jams up back into the coin acceptor. When I was at the ICA Car Wash Show this past May, I stopped by the Parker Engineering booth and spoke to the owner Linda Parker. I mentioned to her the troubles I was having and proudly showed her my latest funnel idea (a wide-mouth clear bottle of juice). Linda looked at my photos, smiled and casually mentioned "do you know you can move the plastic guides on our coin acceptors, to force the tokens further back?" WTH!?? No, I didn't know that!! 😖 How did I miss that!!?? Turns out, the Technical Information sheets for the SlugBuster I and II don't tell you that. https://slugbuster.com/slugbuster-ii/

While I was eager to try it immediately, I haven't had any time until today. I am slightly embarrassed and eager to share that YES, the plastic guides work great!! And, I no longer need these stupid funnels!! HUGE PROBLEM SOLVED!! (y):love:🥳

Attachments

Last edited:

kentadel

Reaction score
Well Kimberly, I am even more embarrassed that at my age ( a bit older than you) I also did not know that. Thanks for bringing that to the forum!