What's new

Red Lion

Warrior Wash

Reaction score
My red lion on the ECC won't let me log in this morning. Worked fine last night. We did have a storm w/a lot of lightning last night. Wash seems to be all systems go, just won't let me log in. Control panel will let me navigate around, but not log in. Wondering if it's a software issue. Thanks for any suggestions.

dclark3344

Reaction score
what part are you trying to log in to? Have you tried shutting it off waiting a minute and turning it back on? Have you changed the factory password setting? It may be back at the factory default which I think is 1,2,3,4 enter.

Warrior Wash

Reaction score
My password has always been 1,2,3,4. I can't do anything. I try to test functions, anything that requires the log in, etc. and when I put in password and hit enter, it keeps telling me to enter password again. I went to alarms and tried to reset that, just to try and get it to do something and it tells me NOT READY. I have never seen that before. Thanks for your help.

Etowah

robblackburn

Reaction score
Try this. After the Red Lion asks for password - enter "1234" then hit the enter key and then hit the function key that you are trying to access and it will let you in. Kinda strange but that is how it works.

Warrior Wash

Reaction score
Red Lion not communicating w/PLC

My red lion on the ECC won't let me log in this morning. Worked fine last night. We did have a storm w/a lot of lightning last night. Wash seems to be all systems go, just won't let me log in. Control panel will let me navigate around, but not log in. Wondering if it's a software issue. Thanks for any suggestions.
After 2 1/2 months and $600, finally got my red lion back from Coleman. All the bill said was repaired. Red Lion still did not work. Sent it to my distributor and he tried the red lion on one of his machines and said it worked fine. On the face of the red lion, on the bottom right hand corner where it says PLC, all I get is dashes. Talked to Al at Coleman and he said the Red Lion isn't communicating with the PLC. I then replaced the cable that runs from the Red Lion to the PLC and the connector that the cable plugs into on the PLC. The orange "Comm" light on the PLC flashes when the cable is hooked up. I'm guessing "Comm" means communicating? The wash works fine, I just can't control anything w/the Red Lion and PLC. Therefore I get no alarms, nor does my paging system work. My next guess was the PLC itself. Spoke w/Al again at Coleman and he said that since the wash was running fine that it could not be the PLC. He said it has to be a connection somewhere. I'm at a loss as to what else to try, short of replacing the PLC. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Also, during this lightning storm, I had to replace the modem in my entry wizard as well. Could the modem for the paging system be the problem???

mike riley

Reaction score
After 2 1/2 months and $600, finally got my red lion back from Coleman. All the bill said was repaired. Red Lion still did not work. Sent it to my distributor and he tried the red lion on one of his machines and said it worked fine. On the face of the red lion, on the bottom right hand corner where it says PLC, all I get is dashes. Talked to Al at Coleman and he said the Red Lion isn't communicating with the PLC. I then replaced the cable that runs from the Red Lion to the PLC and the connector that the cable plugs into on the PLC. The orange "Comm" light on the PLC flashes when the cable is hooked up. I'm guessing "Comm" means communicating? The wash works fine, I just can't control anything w/the Red Lion and PLC. Therefore I get no alarms, nor does my paging system work. My next guess was the PLC itself. Spoke w/Al again at Coleman and he said that since the wash was running fine that it could not be the PLC. He said it has to be a connection somewhere. I'm at a loss as to what else to try, short of replacing the PLC. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Also, during this lightning storm, I had to replace the modem in my entry wizard as well. Could the modem for the paging system be the problem???
I have same problem did you fix yours?

mike riley

Reaction score
I talked to red Lion and they said they would not repair a unit if it was going to cost more than 40% of a new one. There price for a new one is 590.00 the PLC is 1400.00 fron Coleman and the red lion is 1100.00. Extremly high . Guess they are charging for the program. HA HA . It has to be the lighting that damaged it. I wish I could plug my red lion in and check it.

Reaction score
Check with your insurance company, our red lion and autocashier went out at the same time due to lighting, and the insurance paid it.