What's new

Red Cryptopay buttons

traveler17

Reaction score
That is a busy meter box. But I guess you are covered for complaints.
I get more calls and emails about the $10 hold charge than anything else.
Same here, a lot of people have an alert as soon as they use their card. Always fielding a call about the $10 hold

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
You may be right about the faceplate stickers, it only averages $38K per month for a 6 bay SS without a Automatic so if I got rid of some stickers on the faceplate it would probably do better.. I'll have to think about it.. Thanks for the suggestions and input. :)

Kar B Kleen

Reaction score
You may be right about the faceplate stickers, it only averages $38K per month for a 6 bay SS without a Automatic so if I got rid of some stickers on the faceplate it would probably do better.. I'll have to think about it.. Thanks for the suggestions and input. :)
I want to buy some stickers from you.

soonermajic

Reaction score
$500,000 / yr on just a SS would put you in the .5% of Self Serves in N America!!!
All us sticker haters are just jealous.

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
$500,000 / yr on just a SS would put you in the .5% of Self Serves in N America!!!
All us sticker haters are just jealous.
I had to use some extra stickers to cover up the Coin Slot and Coin return.. :) We haven't taken Coins for 7 years now, that is a MAJOR reason for our volume.. HOT WATER (120 degrees) on Rinse as well is another MAJOR reason.. Just my 2 cents..
A friend of mine in Washington has a 6 bay SS with no coins and same pricing did $610K last year..

Last edited:

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Our hold is $1.. Zero calls, although I do have to eat some debt cards.. better than phone calls.. :)
Excellent!! Customers will definitely appreciate that, as the confusion around pre-authorization holds generates the MOST complaints on Google & Yelp, and leads to phone calls. My hold is $1.50 on my ePort credit card reader (with Cantaloupe). What's your time worth? I've actually had customers apologize and confess that they were UNDER-CHARGED for their wash, not realizing it was the $1.50 pre-authorization amount.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I had to use some extra stickers to cover up the Coin Slot and Coin return.. :) We haven't taken Coins for 7 years now, that is a MAJOR reason for our volume.. HOT WATER (120 degrees) on Rinse as well is another MAJOR reason.. Just my 2 cents..
A friend of mine in Washington has a 6 bay SS with no coins and same pricing did $610K last year..
Id bet that $610k wash may be the most successful in US!

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
We are considering switching our green buttons to red in our three self serve bay swipers. After nearly a year and a half of going to count up we still have people leave the bay running. I'm sure 99% of the time it is a first time customer. (or first time using a card) Normally either we don't hear from them or they contact us and we refund the difference based on what we estimate they used. Of course have instruction signs right next to the swipers and a while back revised them with less wording hoping someone might actually read them. About a week ago a guy uses a bay and then after a few minutes looks at the swiper and timer carefully and then gets in his car and leaves. I know you can't fix stupid but count up really is a foreign concept to most people. He immediately gives us a 2 star rating on Google so as always we respond respectfully asking questions about what went wrong and how we can earn his 5 stars. Three days later he gets on Yelp and gives us a 1 star review stating we grossly overcharged him. We again respectfully respond for him to give us some details and we will get it resolved ASAP and included our phone number. A few days after that he gets back on Google and changes his 2 star rating to a 1 star review stating something similar to what he said on Yelp. This all could have been prevented if he pushed the effing button on the swiper when done washing. Of course he still has not called yet and we flagged the Google review as a potential competitor. (not that Google will do anything) Has anyone swapped out their green buttons for red ones? (PV6H240SS-311) We may also put those rotary switch stop decals on the swiper too.

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/e-switch/PV6H240SS-311/3915292
Sorry, I don't have a solution for your problem because I've never experienced it. I have my system set for count down and have had only had one charge back in four years. Good luck in training your customers.