What's new

Recourse

slash007

Reaction score
I had a guy Saturday night that emptied a whole trailer full of mud into my pit, stopping it up and leaving the bay filthy. Pit is fill and bay was shut down for 2 days since it happened over the weekend. I called the police and filed a report. I actually found his information and spoke to the guy. He thinks what he did is completely fine and says my equipment is defective (lol) since the mud didn't just disappear like Covid was supposed to. Question is, what can I legally do now? Btw, only sign I had in the bay is listed below: Bay 3 Dumping-2.PNG Bay 3 Dumping-1.PNG Bay 3 Dumping-3.PNG Bay Sign.PNG

jack954

Reaction score
I had a guy Saturday night that emptied a whole trailer full of mud into my pit, stopping it up and leaving the bay filthy. Pit is fill and bay was shut down for 2 days since it happened over the weekend. I called the police and filed a report. I actually found his information and spoke to the guy. He thinks what he did is completely fine and says my equipment is defective (lol) since the mud didn't just disappear like Covid was supposed to. Question is, what can I legally do now? Btw, only sign I had in the bay is listed below: View attachment 1897 View attachment 1898 View attachment 1899 View attachment 1900

jack954

Reaction score
what a painful sight! hopefully you can somehow get to this idiot. here is the new sign i came up with to try to cover all angles. problem though is some people will read it and ignore it, but i have noticed it’s helped C74B0A99-E18C-4D67-8032-F68D64DE9CB8.jpeg

slash007

Reaction score
To make things worse, you should read the super long text thread we've had today. I'm going to try and find a way to post it. I'm going to call the county attorney and try to have them press charges, and if that doesn't work I will take him to small claims just for the heck of it. I'm also thinking of posting these pictures and his name on my Facebook page and ask the people if they think this is right. Then maybe post them on his business Facebook page.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Obiviously a True clown that rented all this equipment I would call sunbelt rental

water guy

Reaction score
WHAT A TOTAL PIECE OF CRAP!! People just Don't Have Any Respect or morals anymore.

OurTown

Reaction score
There's a reason we call these establishments CAR washes!

mac

Reaction score
Signs may make you feel good but people like that probably have a hard time reading. Here is what I would do. Get his home address. Call a truck/dirt supplier. Have them dump a full load in his driveway. Tell the truck company you are going to do a lot of landscaping. Pay them in cash.

slash007

Reaction score
You should see the signs he suggested I put up. Told him 99% don't read them, so common sense has to prevail at some point. I won't be putting a sign that says don't leave your baby here, but wouldn't be shocked if I found one in a bay some day. Love the dirt idea.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
wow, thats the worst I've seen. I would absolutely have the police involved, and get restitution for cleanup, pit pumping, and lost income from bay closure.

... I'm also thinking of posting these pictures and his name on my Facebook page and ask the people if they think this is right ...
fecesbook might get you some good publicity, and will probably make you feel better. But getting valid opinions there is a bit of a stretch. Heck, even wikipedia knows illegal dumping is... well, illegal!

Twodose

Reaction score
Did he say why he would do something like that? Also you can't reason with people like that, I would give him as much grief legally as you can.

Do you have video of him dumping the dirt? < Because I would think a good lawyer could argue " how did you know how full the pit was before he came to your wash. "

If you have and address for this guy I would send a bill for $1000.00, I would let this person know that if they didn't want to pay that that I would take them to small claims court and sue for the max, with is probably $5000.00.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
I usually say dealing with "some" mud dumpers is par the course... but this is way over the line. He isn't washing a vehicle. He's illegally dumping dirt. No different than if he dumped it in the McDonalds parking lot next to the storm drain.

Randy

Reaction score
I’ve gotten messes like this many times, it kind of goes with the business. I love it when they justify it by saying, “it’s just a car wash”. About the only thing you can do is take him to small claims court, I doubt if the police will cite him, at least not here they won’t. Be sure to ask for the max you can get in small claims court, he probably won’t pay, but it’s always nice to get a judgment, or him having to take time out of his day to go to court, that alone kind of ruins his day. We don’t have dirt delivered, steer manure is good, pig $hit is even better, the best is composted mushroom dirt, OMG does that ever smell bad.

slash007

Reaction score
Did he say why he would do something like that? Also you can't reason with people like that, I would give him as much grief legally as you can.

Do you have video of him dumping the dirt? < Because I would think a good lawyer could argue " how did you know how full the pit was before he came to your wash. "

If you have and address for this guy I would send a bill for $1000.00, I would let this person know that if they didn't want to pay that that I would take them to small claims court and sue for the max, with is probably $5000.00.
I know mud goes with the business, but this was extreme. First guy I've ever made a big deal about. Then to say there is nothing wrong with it makes it worse. I do plan on taking him to small claims for fun and to ruin his day.

MEP001

Reaction score
I like jack954's sign. The "ETC." at the end lets you include anything you want, and the fine posted should let you come after the bozo. I've been told a number of stories about posting a sign on private property that includes a fine, and the police or sheriff's office going after someone for it. A "No dumping" sign is there for the guy who reads and respects rules, a sign with a fine is there for the ones who don't.