What's new

Recommendation for a SFR / RO system

softsuds

Reaction score
Remodeling a low volume 3-bay SS with new equipment and need to purchase a SFR system. Is there a maker that anyone would recommend ?

I plan on using an empty spot on my main pump stand for the actual delivery to the bay so I'm just looking for a production unit.

Also, recommendations on a delivery pump ? I have the 5hp 3ph motor, thinking about a piston or plunger pump for delivery. I want a good 400-500 PSI for SFR
UNLIKE all of the washes in the area that seem to be 150 psi.

Thanks as always

MEP001

Reaction score
We're using a Cat 390 for delivery - it's noisy as hell and needs more maintenance than I'd like. It would probably be quieter and more reliable if I put the proper pulse dampener on it, but that's about $300. I haven't spent a quarter of that on parts in nine years.

General has a plunger pump with the same ratings as the Cat 390. I've been hoping the Cat will crater so I can replace it.

If I needed an RO system, I'd build it myself. There's really not a lot to it. Bright & Clean had a unit that was no more than a NEMA box and some Unistrut assembled into a frame with the parts bolted to it, and it was quite trouble-free. I've also written a program for a Logo! relay that has a delay-start, a delay-restart for low pressure, a flush for after each run and pretreatment interlock inputs. The relay is $130.

softsuds

Reaction score
Building it myself is a great idea but I have no idea how they work. Currently don't have one in the wash to copy. I'm building my other equipment myself, but I'm going to just purchase this thing already made. :)

I want something durable and not overly complicated. I have read that Ginsan has a great unit but is way too over engineered.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I have this one for 4 bays, cost $5693...

http://www.dultmeier.com/catpages/e0015.pdf

The install was straight forward. One of the first things I installed when I bought my wash. Make sure you have a good functioning Water Softener. From what I've read, hard water will destroy the membrane in a short amount of time. It comes with its own supply pump to the bays, but you won't get 500-600 psi to the bays. 200 psi max. They do have production units "Only" at a considerable cheaper price. Something to consider.

soapy

Reaction score
Dultmeier will custom build one to your specs. Their RO systems have always worked very well for me.

MEP001

Reaction score
Dultmeier is about as UNcomplicated as you can get now.

I've worked on several GinSan units. For some reason they decided to set it up to flush the membrane with RO water after each run - the mess of plumbing hanging off the pump means about an hour of unthreading and reassembling fittings if you ever have to change it, and there doesn't appear to be any benefit.

I've seen older RO systems that are nothing more than a pump, membrane, solenoid and float switch with either one or two ball valves to control the pressure. Those parts along with a charcoal filter would run you under $1,000.

JIMT

Reaction score
spot free rinse

Remodeling a low volume 3-bay SS with new equipment and need to purchase a SFR system. Is there a maker that anyone would recommend ?
With a low volume wash it would be better to rent a DI deionized system that they just charge for the amount of water used. You would have two tanks about 12-14 inches in diameter. The company would come out and replace the tanks when necessary. We use these because there is no equipment to buy.
JIMT

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Does it have to be new? I see used systems quite often. You should be able to get a used one with enough capacity for a SS for practically nothing. Figure in a new set of membranes and see if it works out. The customer can't tell if it comes from a new or used machine.