What's new

Recommend a RO system please.

APW

Reaction score
I need a RO system and delivery pump for a Washworld HV. This will be a single bay automatic. Would someone recommend a system please.

mrfixit

Reaction score
Do you use ro for the presoak as well? Other options mixed with ro? Know how many gallons of ro you use per wash?

Make sure you size it large enough to supply more than enough to keep up in your busiest days. Double the demand if possible, the benefit is if membranes start to clog over time you'll still be able to keep up, nothing worse than running dry when your slammed wall to wall all day.

Are you replacing a faulty system? What happened to it.

APW

Reaction score
It uses 5.2 gallons per wash not including using for chemicals. This is a new site.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Get 1 that is super simple. Some are way over engineered. K.I.S.S., & great advice above (get 1 that gives more than you need)...

pgrzes

Reaction score
I have a single membrane unit from ginsan on my High Velocity. Make sure you use softened water for it! I think its a 2500 gpd unit. Pretty simple unit been working for us for over 3 years.

mrfixit

Reaction score
5 gallons per wash, about 5 minutes, so a gallon a minute barely keeps up if your capable of lining up cars all day. This is when you will have a problem!

Also you may find you use slightly more than that if its the manufactures stated usage.. You may choose to run a pass slower, increasing the usage.

Ideally you have enough capacity to let the ro system rest when your at peak. Sure you can use a larger holding tank but still the system may run for hours. Space available will be a factor.

A two membrane in series system is more efficient on water and electricity, you double filter and get double the output with the same amount of power. Also may provide lower TDS levels at higher outputs over time because you won't try to max out the pressures to keep up, which will start fouling the membrane. Keep the pressure to 4040 film tech type membranes around 200 not much more.

If the single membrane starts to foul and you get a half or 3/4 gallon per minute you'll have a problem. With two you'd still get a gallon of output at this point.

I have 3ss with spot free, and one ryko touch less using ro for all chemical passes, and a 250g holding tank. Im using a 4 membrane serial system, added 2 more to my original system.. It really didn't become problem free till I put the forth one in 2 years ago... Now it keeps up no problem putting out 4-5 gpm with a tds of 4, using 3 old membranes that were previously fouled and cleaned, one new forth membrane. . :)

Last edited:

PEI

Reaction score
I use GinSan, but I have seen car washes that operate just fine with both PurClean and ConServe units. Pay attention to the layout. Some units can be difficult to work on.

Etowah