What's new

Recomendations

Etowah

gearhead

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a water leak sensor that sends email and /or text alerts. I see a few different ones online. Does anyone use one that they would recommend?

wash4me

Reaction score
I use ezecontrol You hook up a water meter and then set alarms to send you text, email, phone calls etc. It will also log usage...let you know if your weep system works properly and anything else you can think of to hook a sensor to.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I use ezecontrol You hook up a water meter and then set alarms to send you text, email, phone calls etc. It will also log usage...let you know if your weep system works properly and anything else you can think of to hook a sensor to.
That device looks interesting- can you give us some cost/subscription info?

wash4me

Reaction score
It costs about 4-500 dollars for the base unit and 7 to 25 dollars per month depending on how you want to use it. You can get an expander that gives you 8 output relays and several inputs for about $170. It has many of the features of a networked plc but for much less cost. It also connects to the internet so you can view your information there. It can be set to call, text or email you on temperature, contacts closing, pressure or whatever. It can be used as an alarm system, weep control, floor heat control, astronomic timer etc. I have it hooked to the automatic and manual bays so if they trip out i get a call 2 seconds later. It can accept analog inputs, pulse inputs, rs485, 4-20 milliamp, modbus etc. I have it hooked to the water meter so I can log on and see how busy we have been (it graphs automatically). This device also has an astronomic timer function for lighting control or a myriad of timer functions for blowing down compressors, cycling glycol pumps every 7 days to keep them from ceasing up over the summer. I am going to hook up my Really though the BEST part of the whole thing is they will walk you through hooking it up. (you will have to have some understanding of electrical things)
http://ezesys.com/solutions/measurelog/
http://ezesys.com/solutions/automatecontrol/
http://ezesys.com/solutions/automatecontrol/light/

If You call ask for Anders. 8883939330.

wash4me

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a water leak sensor that sends email and /or text alerts. I see a few different ones online. Does anyone use one that they would recommend?
Didn't mean to get complicated on you, so to hook this up you just get a pulse output water meter......you could get a flow switch cheaper that would just be "flow or no flow" plumb it in... either way just 2 conductor thermostat wire to this box and plug it into the internet and call them and they will walk you through programming so it will call, email or text you.

gearhead

Reaction score
No worries. I'm following you. This is very cool. Might be a little overkill for what I'm looking for(right now). I was planning on putting a couple of PTZ cameras in the mech. room to check on things remotely. Would be nice to have an alarm to tell me when to use the cameras. Had a very close call with a blown 1.25 " hose. Although I have been looking into remote on/off of my floor heat boiler. This would kill 2 birds with one stone.