What's new

Reclaimed reclaim

BayWatch

Jedi apprentice
Reaction score
I looked thru some old posts and couldnt quite find a comparable post, so hopefully this is OK. What would be a good price for a used reclaim system. It is a 100 GPM, self cleaning filter unit that is almost four years old. I am somewhat concerned about why the seller is replacing a nearly new unit. It looks like it is new and I have seen it in operation. He says it requires more preventitive maintenance than he was expecting. I know what this unit cost new from the factory and it seems to be a fair deal, just wandering what the market price might be.

Dean Taylor

Dean Taylor, CATEC.com
Reaction score
Who is the manufacturer and what model is the reclaim system?

New reclaim systems can range from $15K to $80K depending on manufacturer and model.

There are some pretty expensive components on reclaim systems that you don't want to have to replace.

mac

Reaction score
Well something sure smells fishy here. A reclaim with a self cleaning filter requires almost no preventative maintenance. You just look at the thing every now and then. My guess is that some other salesman convinced him the unit was junk, or the operator is having real bad relations with the manufacturer, or both. If he wants ti sell it at a good price and you can determine that it works OK, relieve him of his burden. The only real expensive part on it is the ozone part, which can run around 5K or so. Let us know who made it please.

Bob Koo

Reaction score
BayWatch, go to www.carwashconsignment.com. That site will get you in the ball park for market value, especially if it is still a current production model and supported by the OEM. It really doesn't matter who made it if you are asking for the "Market Price".

If you are looking for a deal on a reclaim, Mac's comments are valid since your explanation from the seller doesn't make sense. Is excessive preventitive maintenance a nice way of saying it is not dependable and is something to work on constantly? Or maybe the system, tanking, and plumbing was never setup correctly and he is paying the price now and can't take it anymore.

There are always two sides to the story. The actual price paid if you buy it should reflect the cost of continued operation. Reclaim, when used properly, always makes you money, especially in these times. It is a piece of equipment that instead of generating revenues for you, just lowers monthly utility costs.

If you want opinions on what a good price is, you need to tell a little more of the story, or ask the seller a few more questions. I'd say from what I see on your post, .50 on the $1 is high for a 4 year old machine with some questionable baggage.

I would like to know, when you saw the equipment operating: Was the wash using reclaim and what was the percentage. If you are new to reclaim, the wash process may have been on Fresh Water and the reclaim was just circulating water

mac

Reaction score
Forgot to mention that 0.25 on the dollar is a common starting point to discuss price on used equipment.