What's new

Reclaim recipe on top wash.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I recently had a reclaim system installed. I want to change some of my recipes to take full advantage of the unit. I am using a Jim Coleman ww1.0. Right now my top wash has two fresh water passes (three if you count spot free). I know I need fresh water for my high pressure clear coat pass and my spot free. I was thinking I would finish my top recipe starting with triple foam, reclaim rinse, fresh water clear coat, then spot free, followed by blowers. This would eliminate one fresh water pass. I am somewhat worried about spotting though. Anybody who has some good recipes, input would be greatly appreciated. Keep in mind that my automatics cannot do anything but high pressure clear coat application. (no rain x or lower pressure wax applications)

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Most of the people I work with using touch-less car wash systems tend to avoid reclaim systems when possible.

At issue is calibrating a touch-less system to produce the highest quality clean and dry possible at the lowest possible cost per unit. Introducing reclaim adds complexity and cost to this.

Based on what I have seen in the field with the WW 1.0, don't go it alone. An authorized Coleman distributor would probably be the best choice in helping you make the right decisions.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Buzzie,

are you reclaiming the reject water from RO or is this a recycle system?

I use the reject water from RO into my fresh water tank but do not have recycle system.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Tom,
I installed a pur water reclaim system. My reject water has always been going into my fresh water tank now the overflow will go into my reclaim tanks.

Robert,
One of the dumbest mistakes I ever made was not installing reclaim when I first built the wash in 2004. I have done countless hours of research on reclaims, their pros and cons, and decided that I was seriously misguide from my Jim Coleman distributor when he told me verbatim "their was no economic value to installing a reclaim system". Funny things is that my distributor recently built two washes and both of them have reclaim systems. While I am assuming that you have some knowledge in this area. I think you would be dealing your customers a serious disadvantage if you recommended that they do not install a reclaim in a newly constructed touchless (or friction)wash. I wish I had even 30% back of the $7200 water sewage bill I had this past January. Thanks for your opinion however even though I don't agree with it based on my research and my first few weeks on this new system. I have eliminated fresh water on my undercarriage, my rocker panel pass, and most of my rinse passes. Cars are as clean as they ever have been. I just thought I might be able to cut one last pass of fresh water out and still put out a great product if I used a different recipe.
Buzzie

txheat

Reaction score
Im too new to this industry to reply but we built a new 5 bay SS with 1 iba with Fusion X by JimColeman. We also opt to install Rowafil reclaim unit. Personally i've been having problems with residue left behind and they are still trying to tweak it. Reclaim is great for water bill yet downsided would be the spots they leave behind. Our Fusion X has touchless option with 8 passes. The installer told me that our system, most cycles use reclaim except for chemicals and spot free rinse. That pretty much tied my hands for changing recipes to eliminate those random residue the rowafil leave behind. Having said that, im kinda wondering if my rowafil is not working efficient enough? Anyway if you can have clean water High Pressure Wash at 65% then follow up with Spot Free Rinse slow speed ours is set 45% at would be ideal. Like i said u still have option to tweak your recipes to eliminate spotting.

Dean Taylor

Dean Taylor, CATEC.com
Reaction score
I have to agree with Buzzie8 here. I have reclaim systems in many touchless automatic car washes where the owner's tell me if they weren't reclaiming water, they'd be out of business.

A good reclaim system will reduce water and sewer in a touchless by about 70%.

Does it make sense to you? You do the math...