What's new

Reclaim overflowing with foam

BenWashinCars

Reaction score
I’m running a sobrite inground reclaim system and it’s overflowing with foam (like several feet of foam) and is super blue. I switched chemical suppliers a few months ago and haven’t had any problems until this past week there is only one blue chemical being used which is a foaming polish run through an accupump, I turned it down to the bare minimum while still being acceptable I’ve checked all of the filters and replaced both UV lamps and nothing so I pumped out all of the water and mud and refilled the system with fresh water to see if that made a difference and it’s only getting worse. Any ideas on what’s causing it?

Bob Koo

Reaction score
I’m running a sobrite inground reclaim system and it’s overflowing with foam (like several feet of foam) and is super blue. I switched chemical suppliers a few months ago and haven’t had any problems until this past week there is only one blue chemical being used which is a foaming polish run through an accupump, I turned it down to the bare minimum while still being acceptable I’ve checked all of the filters and replaced both UV lamps and nothing so I pumped out all of the water and mud and refilled the system with fresh water to see if that made a difference and it’s only getting worse. Any ideas on what’s causing it?
If you just refilled the tanks with fresh water, you may need to wash a few more cars to see if the foam level decreases. You have fresh dish water now with lots of foam, wash a few pots and pans, and the foam level will drop. If not, you need to contact your new chemical supplier and let him figure it out what his problem is. Good Luck

STXCW

Reaction score
Chemistry has to be spot on with high foaming chemicals if not the recirculation of water in the pits is going to agitate the chemical. Make sure they are also reclaim compatible chemicals. They may have a defoamer that you can use to help but you don't want to constantly be using it.

As mentioned above, have the sales rep figure it out.