What's new

Reclaim in chemicals

br549ms

Reaction score
Should you use reclaim with the High PH chemicals such as pre-soaks and Neutral soaps in a conveyor wash?

Chemical suppliers mostly say "no way". Reclaim sales say yes, it will even reduce chemical usage.

I can see where the booster pumps in a Hydra-Flex system and the nozzles could wear prematurely, but don't know if that is factual.

Also looking at using reclaim on front brushes and brush water spray nozzles, maybe even on first rinse arch before Wax and final brushes.

Any thoughts.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Depending on fresh water cost versus the ability to get acceptable level of cleanliness from re claim I would not reccomend it for most applications. I use it for underbody wash and initial wheel blast only.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
If you are still looking for comments, this implies the problem remains.

What’s the problem? Its not reclaim.

“I wish we could use city water on everything, but we have highest rates in state. I must use the reclaim to stay competitive.”

Real problem is high cost of water/sewer. Otherwise, there would be no reclaim or spotting issues.

First step in solving consumption problem (i.e. obtaining better gas mileage) is to look for efficiencies.

Obviously, high pressure applications are water hogs. Set of wheel blasters might use 20 gallons. HP rinse maybe 30. So, if total consumption is 80 gallons per car, HP is about 60 percent. If prepping with HP, add another 10 gallons.

Is it necessary? For example, can prep time be reduced? Would boss hog work instead of wheel blaster? Would city pressure work instead of HP rinse? Is it possible to cut back flow rate of final rinse arches? And so forth.

If efficiencies don’t get you there and reclaim is necessary, then the quality of the product water (reclaim) should be exceptional. However, achieving and maintaining exceptional is difficult.

For example, as discussed in the other thread, spotting often implies problem with reclaim system.

br549ms

Reaction score
Thanks guys

Robert, like everyone, I am always trying to reduce cost without sacrificing quality, thus the solicitation for comments. I have a reclaim system and would like to maximize the use of the water. We are cleaning vehicles very well and rinsing without the HP Arch. I continue to use the Wheel blaster with reclaim, no issues.

Earl, thanks that is where I currently have the reclaim setup, since cutting off the HP rinse arch. I also use for washing down the tunnel.

Thanks again