What's new

recieved letter no longr insuring carwash

cmawash

Reaction score
letter received Star insurance(large west coast car insurer) all car wash insurance programs discontinued , any ideals for insurer that will cover car washes on west coast.

Randy

Reaction score

getnbusy

Reaction score
just call the agent who has the insurance on your house. I'm sure he has a product for you

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Investigate whomever offers to insure. It may work like this . Companies licensed to insure in your state are part of a Guaranty fund. If they go broke the fund covers you for a claim. Unlicensed companies may be allowed to cover special risks bu if they go broke, no fund to back you up. Agents may say "Oh but they are rated A+" Ask the agent if the agent will cover any claims if the company goes broke. They never say yes.

pgrzes

Reaction score
Whatever you do, do it before your current policy expires!!! It is much easier to get coverage when you have a current policy, if that policy expires and you have no insurance it is very difficult to get another company to cover you.

mac

Reaction score
One of the reasons I still like this site is thta I continue to learn things here. And it's hard to beat the cost. Thanks for the good info guys.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
My car wash is located on the West Coast - in Citrus Heights, California (close to Sacramento). I went through WCA to get my insurance, and for the last couple years my carrier has been Oregon Mutual. Good rates and they cover charity fundraiser events. Refer to Randy's links above to reach WCA (Alliant Insurance) for a quote. Good luck! :)

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Investigate whomever offers to insure. It may work like this . Companies licensed to insure in your state are part of a Guaranty fund. If they go broke the fund covers you for a claim. Unlicensed companies may be allowed to cover special risks bu if they go broke, no fund to back you up. Agents may say "Oh but they are rated A+" Ask the agent if the agent will cover any claims if the company goes broke. They never say yes.
I had that happen with an extended warranty insurance plan on a brand new vehicle I purchased back in the '80s. 10 cents on a dollar with some repair shops refusing completely to use the warranty because of red tape involved for the 10% on the dollar portion. Not sure if my ability to investigate would have helped ... they seemed so perfect & sooooo reputable .... & sold by the soooo reputable large mainstream new car dealership.

blurdgman

Reaction score
TRy ERIE INSURANCE, they have an excellent plan specially for car washes. My premium went down 30% after having State Farm for 30 years.