What's new

Rebuild Dixmors

ScottP

Car Wash Owner
Reaction score
I have a few dixmor timers laying around that don't work anymore. Can they be rebuilt and by who? Thanks.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Someone told me you can take them apart and put a new battery in on your own and that should fix them.

Randy

Reaction score
I've repaired a lot them over the years. Yes you can replace the battery yourself if you can find the battery, they are getting harder to get. But it also depends on which model you have. The LED-2 the battery is easy to replace, the LED-3 is a little harder and the LED-5 & 7 timers don't have a battery. If you try to replace the battery and solder it in wrong you'll ruin the timer. If the timer says "Fail" and you reprogram it and it goes back to "Fail" when power is removed then you need to replace th battery. I've replaced all of my older Dixmor timers with the LED-7 timer, they are more user friendly for the car wash customers.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Do you have the programming instructions. I just bought a wash that has all old dixmor timers and I do not know how to program them. I do know the first to modes as depicted on the label but I do not the options that "vary" after that. If someone has an instruction manual that they can send me it would be greatly appreciated. I already checked the Dixmor website and they do not have instructions.

Randy

Reaction score
What's your E-mail address and I'll see what I can find

MEP001

Reaction score
Dixmor repairs their timers so cheap it's hardly worth messing with something even as simple as changing the battery, unless you have the LED-3. The only one I've ever seen cost more than $30 was really badly burned and the whole casing was melted, and that one still only cost $50. I just received a dryer timer back from them that only cost $25 plus shipping for repair.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Bought a new battery online for my LED 2 timer and installed it today. A ten minute job and it works great!