What's new

Re-using R/O reject water

RAATCB

Reaction score
Capture reject water into a storage tank. Place the storage tank near and above HP rinse tank, If you have another welded threaded coupling port, plumb the storage tank line (Gravity fed) to the tank. Use a float valve and adjust it to turn on slightly higher than the other float valve.

sudsurfer

Reaction score
Capture reject water into a storage tank. Place the storage tank near and above HP rinse tank, If you have another welded threaded coupling port, plumb the storage tank line (Gravity fed) to the tank. Use a float valve and adjust it to turn on slightly higher than the other float valve.
My storage tank is lower than the HP tanks.

DivineSuccess

Reaction score
you can also plumb it into any piece of equipment or many pieces (through a new water line) using a repress pump and a bladder tank. I've set up small systems using an all in one system from grainger and i've also used the system from pur-clean. I've used it to mix with some chemicals, to lube wraps, in my hose bib for washing down the bay as well as high pressure.

JimmyJaffa

Reaction score
We have to soften our water here, we use the reject water for most of our chemical applications. Everything foams up great. We use a 1 hp pump.

HCW

Reaction score
I built a platform w/4 55 gal to gravity feed RO reject water in the rinse tank on our LW4000. Picked up this valve from kleenrite
Cleveland S2-100P Float Valves 1/2'',3/4'',1'' Adjustable
I doesn't seem like it's moving gravity water through this valve. What other valve is recommended for this application?

MEP001

Reaction score
I've done the gravity feed trick to use the RO water, it works decently well but it required lowering the city feed valve float about 1' and letting the gravity fed valve overfill the tank above that. It probably wouldn't work well on a very busy wash but on the auto that did 3 cars an hour on a good day it worked very well. I used a 1" Roberts float valve - a 2-stage is not a good idea for gravity feed because 1) it requires about 5 PSI to fully close the vale and 2) the diaphragm puts significant restriction on the flow.