What's new

Razor vs Petit 360i

eckert16

Reaction score
When walking thru them, they felt and sounded like being in the bay of a large empty cargo airplane.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I don’t see the ROI for these machines and to spend all this money and still have a touchfree machine. In city’s where water & sewer is really expensive I don’t see how it would ever work out on paper or am I the only one missing the boat? However on this form I am starting to see more more of Petits on here.
I was thinking exactly that to...

WashInvestor

Reaction score
The stacked pumps is an option. I did that to save floor space and am glad I did - between the cabinet, VFD cabinet, RO pump, etc it took up a lot of room.

I was getting GREAT results with my old Radius using Blendco soaps. NEVER get customers complaining on quality. My top wash was 7:20 though. The impingement of the Petit on the vehicle is IMPRESSIVE

I’m planning a 2 step pre but am planning on doing the second pass with triple foam to save time .

Yes... the machine is costly. From what I saw when pricing was like 20-50% more depending on who you were comparing it to.

min going for they put and monthly subscriptions. I have2 Dencar tellers to go with the 2 Petits. I’m going from $7/$9/$10/$12 to $10/$13/$15 and $25/$30/$35 on the plans.

A year from now I’ll bump it up another $1 across the board
Car_Wash_Guy could you provide an update? How many passes have you sold since you rolled out the new monthly Dencar system?

Also, did you swap out all your soft-touch equipment to make it a 100% touch free site? If yes, I'mCurious how existing customer base that is used to soft-touch reacted to only touch free option.

Lastly - I stalked your website a bit - it looks like you need to update your prices on your site!

Thanks!

Carwashclubber

Reaction score
Car_Wash_Guy could you provide an update? How many passes have you sold since you rolled out the new monthly Dencar system?

Also, did you swap out all your soft-touch equipment to make it a 100% touch free site? If yes, I'mCurious how existing customer base that is used to soft-touch reacted to only touch free option.

Lastly - I stalked your website a bit - it looks like you need to update your prices on your site!

Thanks!
I installed a Dencar paystation last month to compliment my Petit 360i. The sticker and monthly fees are pretty stiff. Hope to see benefits of Dencar's software in 2022...Haven't yet. I think it'll hunt...but the install was poor and I'm cleaning up techie stuff, after the "only authorized distributors" in my area bolted it down and left town. It sure is pretty tho. bump me back next month, maybe I'll have better news.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
CarWashClubber, are you sticking with your Membership only model or did you open it up to single wash purchases? What is your monthly redemption rate from monthly members so far?

Carwashclubber

Reaction score
CarWashClubber, are you sticking with your Membership only model or did you open it up to single wash purchases? What is your monthly redemption rate from monthly members so far?
Absolutely, Go Bucks! (class of '88) / Pre-Covid, the member-only (agreed, its rare) model felt solid. Post-Covid, after our 3rd tier Southern city center lost 40% of it's executive/professional class, now Zooming to work for their home offices in suburbs...I committed to getting after our sizable tourist population, continuing to grow Monthlies (my preference actually, we were at 175 folks @$36, 5mos open, before adding the Dencar), and pursuing small fleet biz. It's been 2weeks since my switchover so I don't have a redemption rate # for you. I was gratified that 172 of my old system members immediately re-enrolled using the Dencar...despite getting hit with a 2nd $36 charge in same month - refunded most of these 2nd hits, but still loved their trust gesture. Ping me again after holiday, will gladly share progress.

AutoSpaMobMO

Reaction score
I think the equipment is cool as hell and looks very well built. The wash ‘experience’ is pretty good in my opinion but I took my wife 20 minutes out of the way to wash in one and it didn’t seem to wow her. I will say, I have yet to go through one that has really mastered the speed versus quality issue. The really fast ones are set up with a single step presoak which I don’t think cuts it. Running a two step cuts down on the speed.
I drove 3 hours to visit a wash that had one. The machine is very impressive and it rocked my truck! I wasn't impressed with the wash and I let the guy know he needed to get his chemistry dialed in. My truck didn't look as good as it comes out of my Razor or PDQ 360. I was really disappointed in it. I hope the owner gets it dialed in.