What's new

Razor vs. Oasis XP

Cody

Reaction score
We recently had someone destroy our Hydrospray unit in our automatic and are currently looking at either a Washworld Razor or a Oasis XP. Just curious on the pros and cons for either one and which one everyone would recommend.

washnshine

Reaction score
Very different machines. Have you narrowed it down to those two because of distributor location and quality?

washnshine

Reaction score
Very different machines. Have you narrowed it down to those two because of distributor location and quality?
Sorry - I misspoke. I was thinking of the Typhoon which has more differences from the Razor than the XP does.

Cody

Reaction score
Those are my two options for my distributor. I was wondering which one did a better job or which one people had better luck with.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Well, I live in Razorville here in Des Moines, Iowa and 90% of washes here are WashWorld equipment. WashWorld is an awesome system very reliable and easy to maintain, I've seen an Oasis Eclipse up close and it has a lot of moving parts at the same time it's a very fast system but can be quite costly for parts I'm told.

Last edited:

Skip

Reaction score
I am having the very same deal. Old hydro spray classic, just got demolished by a customer pulling a trailer that she forgot about... so we are newbies in this industry. But we have narrowed down our search to WW razor edge, Oasis XP, or possibly the Kracher Opti8000. We are a fairly busy wash in a small but booming little town. We are beginning to average over a hundred washes a day, could be more if our wash was faster. with that being said we are tending to lean towards the XP unit. More expertise input would be wonderful.

APW

Reaction score
I would look at a Petit 360i if you are doing that many cars a day.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I am having the very same deal. Old hydro spray classic, just got demolished by a customer pulling a trailer that she forgot about... so we are newbies in this industry. But we have narrowed down our search to WW razor edge, Oasis XP, or possibly the Kracher Opti8000. We are a fairly busy wash in a small but booming little town. We are beginning to average over a hundred washes a day, could be more if our wash was faster. with that being said we are tending to lean towards the XP unit. More expertise input would be wonderful.
Karcher opti 8000? I didn't even realize Karcher was still making IBAs. I would look hard at the parts availability and the support network.

Have you priced out an Oasis typhoon?

soonermajic

Reaction score
Holy cow that's a LOT of washes
Do NOT TELL ANYBODY where you are. Look hard @ Oasis as it's a great family company, & Razor is great & has GREAT tech support.
Forget that Karcher thingy