What's new

Razor - Stop Eye Fault

bobcat9095

Reaction score
I have a Razor 1 with Y bars (old school). I have an intermittent issue that no one can solve. I get a Stop Eye Blocked fault ever so often for no rhyme nor reason. When it happens there is nothing "blocking" the stop eye and the stop eye input in the UCC is lit meaning that the eyes are seeing one another. Sometimes, not every time this happens, it will go back and forth with a Stop Eye Blocked/Back Up Eye fault until it times out with a Wash Out Of Service fault. Resetting the machine clears the fault. I have cleaned the eyes, replaced both of the stop eyes and back up eyes and the amp, and checked all wire connections at all points. Has anyone ever experienced a similar issue?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If there is a relay anywhere associated with the stop or back up by I would check there

Roz

Reaction score
Or a loose wire to the relay.

bobcat9095

Reaction score
I can’t find that there is a relay associated with the eyes in the UCC. I’ll call WW on Monday. They’ve never mentioned that in the conversations we’ve had.

Roz

Reaction score
Our UCC has a list of all the wires and what they control. And each wire has a unique number so you can find it easily. Look up the photo eyes number and see if the wire has come loose. Or check the pdf manual

Joswhaha

Reaction score
I have a Razor 1 with Y bars (old school). I have an intermittent issue that no one can solve. I get a Stop Eye Blocked fault ever so often for no rhyme nor reason. When it happens there is nothing "blocking" the stop eye and the stop eye input in the UCC is lit meaning that the eyes are seeing one another. Sometimes, not every time this happens, it will go back and forth with a Stop Eye Blocked/Back Up Eye fault until it times out with a Wash Out Of Service fault. Resetting the machine clears the fault. I have cleaned the eyes, replaced both of the stop eyes and back up eyes and the amp, and checked all wire connections at all points. Has anyone ever experienced a similar issue?
Did you get this figured out? I am having the same issue with my 1 year old razor and the distributor has so far been able to fix it.

bobcat9095

Reaction score
Nope. Still happens every once in a while. Luckily not very often. Update if you ever figure it out!

DPD36

Reaction score
I doubt this is your problem, but the way that the eyes plug into the amplifier is tricky. I had an intermittent issue on my backup eyes. After a little heartburn discovered that the terminal that the eyes are wired to was not plugged in solid to the amplifier. You have to plug this in at just the right angle for it to seat.

Roz

Reaction score
I doubt this is your problem, but the way that the eyes plug into the amplifier is tricky. I had an intermittent issue on my backup eyes. After a little heartburn discovered that the terminal that the eyes are wired to was not plugged in solid to the amplifier. You have to plug this in at just the right angle for it to seat.
We had the same issue with our eye, wiring looking fine but in reality had to be redone.

water guy

Reaction score
Need to use shielded cable

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's got to be something simple like the photo eyes, the cable, or the connection. What you are describing sounds exactly like the problem I had and once I changed my set of photo eyes the problem disappeared.