What's new

Razor rear washing

Etowah

JustClean

Reaction score
Hi all,
At the moment I am considering buying a Washworld Profile. Looking at videos I noticed that when the car is being washed at the front or rear the Profile only uses one side-brush to wash the whole rear. My current machine (a Washtec) uses both brushes. Both sidebrushes move in until they meet at the towbar while the Profile has to go OVER the towbar to get the whole rear cleaned. Apart from taking longer I think this might not be that great either as it puts pressure on motor and gearbox when it tries to go over the towbar. Is there any reason for this or is there a way to program to use both side-brushes?
I've also seen signs outside a Profile washbay for the customers to remove towbars...yeah...of course. I can just see my customer do this :(

chevyguy09

Reaction score
JustClean:

Profile can be programmed to use both brushes to wash the back of the vehicle. The 1 brush washing the rear is suppose to speed up the wash. Each Brush does come in one at a time if you were to choose the both brush option. We do it this way to ensure adequate brush coverage. Profile can wash with a receiver hitch attached yet and usually you won't even notice a difference unless there is a big camper hitch. With every brush machine though, the chance exists of a brush getting tangled in it hence the reason for the sign to remove the hitch.

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
Same here. Our Profile is programmed to use both brushes to clean the back of vehicle. And our instruction sign says to remove trailer hitches, but the majority of customers ignore it. We haven't had any instances yet with trailer hitches of all sizes, but you just never know.

JustClean

Reaction score
Usually our brushes don't get entangled because they won't go over the hitch.
Would be great if Washworld could implement that feature.

If, for whatever reason a brush ever gets entangled, it stops, turns the other way and then back to normal operation.