What's new

Razor not Measuring Cars Going all the way to the back

water guy

Reaction score
@water guy it looks like yours is crooked not sure if it matters or it's just the angle of the picture taken. As I said in my previous post this machine is 5 months old, the first sonar was bad on install finally after 3 months of arguing with my distributor and WW they sent a new one and problem was solved.
I put it at an angle so the water would run off .

water guy

Reaction score
Washworld offered me a choice .A refurbished cube that is programmed to measure wide or a different style of sonar like the one that use to come on the razor. I went with the old style sonar.And today is my last day to be covered under warranty. If you have a problem with your equipment you better document and cya.

SuperSuds04

Reaction score
I have 2 razors (2018) and it seems the sonars get about 2/3 years out at most. I've replaced both on my machines and I keep one spare on hand due to this being such a waste of time/chemical when it fails it was worth it for me to have one on hand. As many said, that's most likely your issue, if you have another bay swap it over and see if the problem stays there or not. That is the same sonar that I have on my machine, I would thing they'd last longer than 2 years being my old Superior from 2004 would last 2/3 years as well on those sonars, 15 years of technology apparently they still have a limited life expectancy.

water guy

Reaction score
Well I spent a Great Deal of time on the Phone with a tech support from the Manufacturer of the So Called Sonars I asked if MOISTURE on the lens cause it to fault and he said YES.My Question is why we have been fighting this since the install and they have just been blowing smoke up our ass until now the machine is out warranty and the Washworld Tech Support wants to send me a remanufactured Cube so called sonar or a bullet style sonar so I choose it because it was new. Damn Wish I Could Do Business like that and get Away with it.damn give us a break

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Had this exact issue with our Gen 4 Razor and it turned out to be a plugged hyperflex hole spraying the sonar causing it to misread the vehicle simple fix.

water guy

Reaction score
Why can't we extend those nozzles out past the Hood might work too.

Damoni88

Reaction score
Yes that 2015 model razor is different than the new razor I got installed in April this year and it had the cube. The day we sprayed water out the machine was April 6 2021 and when my distributor and I watched a few cars go through I said something is wrong with that sonar. He said give it a while play with adjustments. Finally 3months later in June he contacted WW to send a new one. Has worked fine since.

carwashireland

Reaction score
We just changed our top sonar on a 10 month old Razor with the same issue. Problem disappeared but now it has the older type of Sonar as the newer style are impossible to source.

carwashireland

Reaction score
I think like many electronic items affected by covid the newer sonars are in short supply. Washworld supplied an older sonar with a different bracket. It was a simple swap and works perfectly.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
can the sonars be reprogrammed? my old ones on my siperior machine could be.