What's new

Razor not Measuring Cars Going all the way to the back

water guy

Reaction score
Our Machine is a yr old and been fighting this the whole time its an intermittent thing. When they replaced the sonar this last time it didn't go all the way back for a long time. But now it's going back .I called WW tech support today and was unable to get ahold of anyone they didn't even return my call. Hope where not heading into another PDQ scenario.

water guy

Reaction score
Just curious if everyone has the same style of sonar. I will have pics tomorrow of the sonar on our Machine. The one on our Machine is made by Pepperl +fuchs

Last edited:

Rfarm

Reaction score
Is the sonar full of water? Take it off and turn it over and I bet water runs out

water guy

Reaction score
I'm gonna cover the pit this morning I don't understand why covering the pit would help. because the car is over it during the wash..but hell I had a Laser 4k for 17 yrs and had to do crazier stuff to keep it running smoothly sometimes.

Last edited:

water guy

Reaction score
Is the sonar full of water? Take it off and turn it over and I bet water runs out
You know I ask that question last time this happened .because you can swivel those sonars and I was wondering if water had gotten inside because when we removed it it seemed like water did come out and the outside was corroded.and yes it goes all the way back each pass

Rfarm

Reaction score
Be sure your flex pass tips are not partially plugged. That can just mist enough to cause issues.

Rfarm

Reaction score
I thought moisture was not supposed to be a problem with this sonar.
We had one nozzle on the side that was partially plugged it was hard to see until we took it off. Just had the deflection and the spray would mist over and spray extra water on the sonar. Wipe it and it was good for a few cars

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
I will be watching this thread like a hawk, since our new Razor will hopefully be installed in the next couple of months and we will be using the same WW distributor as WaterGuy. Want to make sure we don't have the same problem. Will like to know whether the new sonar they send fixes the problem and will make sure we get that one.

Overachiever

Reaction score
Looks like I have the same one, not sure if it matters but mine is mounted the same as @Damoni88. Also my pit size is the about the same size and location as water guys, best I can tell.

Attachments

Damoni88

Reaction score
@water guy it looks like yours is crooked not sure if it matters or it's just the angle of the picture taken. As I said in my previous post this machine is 5 months old, the first sonar was bad on install finally after 3 months of arguing with my distributor and WW they sent a new one and problem was solved.

JustClean

Reaction score
I've got an older sonar. So the pit cover trick may not work. But my pits are the same size as yours.
BTW In the home position I rotated the arch towards the entry so it is out of the way after a high van hit it. I was thinking about it a week earlier that I wanted to do it but he beat me.😖