What's new

Razor not Measuring Cars Going all the way to the back

water guy

Reaction score
Have been dealing with this intermittent problem since install its going all the way to stops and wasting product.Help so you spend several thousand dollars for a machine and I have to wipe a eye off every 20 washs.come on

Last edited:

Blanco

Reaction score
What kind of eyes are you using? Switch to banner eyes if you are not already using them.

Eric H

Reaction score
Is the rear sonar on the bridge working? Are the settings correct? Did you call tech support? should be a pretty easy fix

water guy

Reaction score
It is the rear sonar and sonar and the cable has been changed once . And the settings are 1 in the back and 2 on the sides.Washworld is supposed to send me a different style of sonar .hopefully this will fix it.that sonar is 500.00

Eric H

Reaction score
13FB0558-2A69-4CE1-9CFD-0928AABF3C14.jpg I mean the measurements from the floor. Mine is set to 99.
The offset measurement, you said it’s at 1, is where the bridge is set to stop at the rear of the vehicle. The offset won’t do anything if the machine doesn’t see the floor.

JustClean

Reaction score
I had the same problem years ago. The sonar was actually detecting the pit. I placed a plastic board over the pit in the area of where the sonar is and that helped.

water guy

Reaction score
They have mentioned that before. But don't understand why that would cause a problem because the vehicle is over the top of the pit.

Eric H

Reaction score
96B519C8-FB66-4702-8BAB-34119AD679AF.jpg
I think you need to change the rear FB offset to 99.
Your side and rear offsets are VERY close to the car. Do you have issues with the machine touching mirrors? My machines are adjusted to go past truck mirrors without having to fold them in. If I don’t I get calls all day long about the wash kicking trucks out.

Etowah

Damoni88

Reaction score
It's a bad sonar. Just had new razor installed in April and it was going 6 to 8 ft behind the car. Washworld sent new sonar problem solved. I also put an aluminum sign under grating just to make sure that was not the issue. New sonar fixed problem.

water guy

Reaction score
Well we don't have much problems hitting mirrors on big trucks but we don't use the mirror detailer because of fear of ripping the mirror off according to my rep they have had reports of doing it. And the rear sonar has been changed along with the cable as mentioned.

Damoni88

Reaction score
Does not matter a brand new sonar can be bad. I'm just telling you I experienced this and a brand new sonar fixed the issue.

water guy

Reaction score
I had hell trying to convince my ww rep to replace it the first time because it cost like 500.00. I forgot the name of it but it's not a banner it's made in Germany. Does everyone else have to wipe off the sonar frequently?Last conversation I had with Washworld Tech support they where sending out a different kind of sonar. That was 2 weeks ago

Damoni88

Reaction score
I have never had to wipe off sonar. Funny, WW asked the same question to me. My response was it should be able to get wet and function without an issue. It is a touchless automatic water Flys everywhere. Finally after 4 months of telling my distributor and WW I got the sonar and it worked.

JustClean

Reaction score
They have mentioned that before. But don't understand why that would cause a problem because the vehicle is over the top of the pit.
I used a plastic wall panel and yes, I don't know why but it works. It won't hurt to give it a try. Also we increased the hole the sonar is looking through.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
so.... is the machine going all the way back on the first pass and all following passes?

and as far as wiping the sensor off that doesn't make any sense because a sonar works with sound waves, right? I can't see how some soap and water Would affect that.

washnvac

Reaction score
So you are saying on a new WW machine you have this issue? Someone would be getting an a$$ chewing. That is ridiculous!