What's new

Razor cold weather

Roz

Reaction score
Just curious.

We have a Razor ver4 with the cold weather package. One of our door motors needs to be replaced (happening in two weeks) so it is being kept open for now so it does not get stuck in a partial position.
Anyone using the Razor in cold temps without doors? Wondering at what temp it will cause an issue and we should shut down the razor? Assuming, given that WW is located in WI that the machine can function down to zero or close to zero? Anyone have some firsthand experience with Razors in cold bays? Thx

SuperSuds04

Reaction score
Not sure if this is much help, I'm located in Central VA and have operated with my doors open with just my heat and weeps running well into the 20s even sitting overnight with 1 door open and it hadn't froze in the morning (had a bad door as well at the time)

Reactions: Roz

soonermajic

Reaction score
I have 2 new Razors, XR7 & an Edge. If temp gets under 40° the XR7 shuts down during midwash & won't reset. Frustrating as hel, & WW can't fix it.
About to head into Winter & will be checking the new Edge, & 🙏 it won't have same issue

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
If temp gets under 40° the XR7 shuts down during midwash & won't reset. Frustrating as hel, & WW can't fix it.

Can't or won't? I don't know much at all about WW equipment, but there has to be a way that the machine detects when it's a certain temp in the bay to shut it down. When that happens, I would think that either it sends an input to the plc or takes one away. If that is the case, that would be easy to work around.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I have 2 new Razors, XR7 & an Edge. If temp gets under 40° the XR7 shuts down during midwash & won't reset. Frustrating as hel, & WW can't fix it.
About to head into Winter & will be checking the new Edge, & 🙏 it won't have same issue
I assume its not something as simple as the bay temp shutdown setting?
1638130259802.jpeg

We just had a Razor installed and are still waiting for them to wire in our entrance door which will be our only door. At another location we ran PDQ M5’s with one door down to zero. I’m hoping the Razor will be able to reliably run down to zero with one door as well. The distributor hooked the weep up to the cold water line but with all those hoses in the e-chain I’m thinking hot weep will be needed to keep things ice free.

soonermajic

Reaction score
GoB
Maybe so. But on cold mornings, while our preppers are there, it shuts down mid wash. Does that like first 2 or 3 washes, then rest of day it is fine. Kinda like it has to warm up...?