What's new

rat vac

wendy's wash

Reaction score
I have a Coleman 2001 carpet / vac combo that in the past 6 months. Twice now each time I have cleaned it out there are baby rats in it. First time there were 2 and today there were 6 babies in it. Killed both the first time but only killed 2 this time as they were faster than I was. The vac is rectangle with a plastic cover. It has 2" hose and swivel cuff, with a claw on it. I have 4 super vacs, 1 Coleman round carpet / combo, and 2 Coleman 3-scent / combos. This is the only one that the rats have been in. Never in 30 years has this ever happened. Does anyone know how the mother is getting in and if all other vacs are the same hoses, cuffs, and swivels then why is this the only one. It has 1 clean out door only. No bag door. The scent machine are same set up. Any suggestions?

soapy

Reaction score
Just add some rat poison inside the clean out. It will find it and die. This rat learned how to get in and as soon as you kill it the problem will be gone.

Randy

Reaction score
Rats don’t need much of a hole to get in, a ½” hole is all they need. You must have a food source for your new friends. Do what Soapy said and get some Rat poison. Get a commercial exterminator grade poison, it hard to find, you can find it online, but it works the best. I keep special candy bars under the dumpster. If you’ve got them nesting you’ve got a big Rat problem.