What's new

Rapid Gleam and EZ Wash

Reaction score
Hello,

Although i thought i knew most American Systems but someone asked about Rapid Gleam or EZ Wash, does anyone know about these systems, I think a pictures show one side brush and one top brush. I thought this was a more modern idea. Let me know please any details.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Brite-O-Matic is a small company in the Midwest that supplies rollover carwash systems to the automobile dealership segment which is dominated by Broadway.

“I thought this was a more modern idea.”

Since most washes at dealerships aren’t operated as a profit center, cost is the objective.

So, return on investment analysis is carwash cost plus overhead.

Assume typical $0.50 per car plus $4,000 per month for overhead and capital cost.

Wash an average of 100 cars a day, total carwash cost is $2.30.

One half of overhead is capital cost usually a five-year lease.

Typical lease is $2,000 per month which equals total system cost of about $100,000.

You can’t buy a lot of modern for $100K.

Reaction score
Thank you

It's a company called http://briteomatic.com/ I know of one of there semi-automatic systems at a local dealership and it does an awesome job. If a guy was smart he could install one in his garage at home.
Thank you for providing these details, I have looked at this a very unsual system, I have also e-mailed them for pictures of their first system. But they may no answer. I must admit American systems are impressive and their old equipment is also interesting. But the UK has no manufacturers in car wash equipment

Thanks again
Kine Regards

mac

Reaction score
Hello Bob, there has been a shift in the auto dealer market that you might not be aware of. Istobal (and yes, I sell them, thank you) has a new machine out that we have dubbed the Broadway Killer. It's a stripped down version of their M22. It has all of the 21st century technology that the M22 has and easily installs for under 100K. Look at that freaking Broadway machine. It was designed when Carter was president for crying out loud. A mitter curtain for the top? Are you kidding me? Every single one of them has one or two people washing the the car before it goes in. Stay tuned as they say.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Hi Mac,

Happy Thanksgiving!

Good luck with new venture.

Broadway could certainly stand some competition because Autec hasn’t done a very good job of penetrating dealership segment.

Over 20 years ago, I was present for Autec install at Reeves Motors (BMW) on Florida Avenue in Tampa.

Ten years ago, I visited one located behind a gas station on Highway 50 near I-75-north.

Personally, I’ve never gotten anywhere with Hobby.

I’ve had more than several clients ready to buy and then all of a sudden answers aren’t straightforward, responses are incomplete, SLOW to return e-mails, etc.

Unbelievable

I believe this is one reason for Broadway’s dominant position.

It’s not really about the machine. It’s the “program”, customer service and support.

Auto Butler has paint and interior protection for life warranty, the chemical and supplies, equipment, factory training.

There is roll-over, producers, whole car polisher, and little RO unit and reclaim specifically designed for program.

Broadway doesn’t sell to retail segment allowing it focus all resources on satisfying dealers.

So, car dealer doesn’t have to do much except open up their wallet leaving more time for golf course.

Plus dealers are not quick to change things not broken.

So, I believe it’s a tough nut to crack.

Why don’t you do like Tommy. Become a reseller of equipment and building and prospect a niche.

Have Istobal re-calibrate express in-bay for 40 CPH. Then hire a company that makes solariums/sunrooms manufacture a custom designed pre-engineered see-through building.

Make it a dual, 80 CPH, put vacuum producer in mechanical room and run piping through sidewalls.

Then you would have unattended exterior express carwash in a box.

Gobble, Gobble

mac

Reaction score
It's actually in the works, only with higher throughput. Ans we're in many auto dealerships, some with very high end cars. I mean Istobal is the ONLY manufacturer in Ferrari, and Lamborghini, plus most of the other high end luxury cars. As I said, stay tuned. And many happy drumsticks to all.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Good luck, the dealership market is a tough nut to crack. They kinda follow each other like sheep over the cliff so if one dealer buys a certain unit the others do the same. Initially Hanna dominated this market then for years N/S was in almost in every dealership. Hopefully your unit is cost competitive because that is also one of the reasons those two companies held the market for so long.