What's new

Rain Guarantee

bighead

Reaction score
I am thinking of doing a rain guarantee on my top wash, we are in the NW and i think it would be a good bonus for some customers.

I'm thinking of having some relatively hard to knock off coupons made and have the attendant predate a few ahead, then hand them out with the free air freshner when customers purchase the top wash.

Is anyone else doing this? Is there pitfalls I should look out for? Would anyone happen to have a template they wouldn't mind sharing so i could have my printer make some up for me?

Thanks Guys,

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I simply use a carbonized receipt book. I Had a rubber stamp made up "% day clean car guarantee." . The attendant dates the receipt and writes the Lic. # on it and puts duplicate in daily order on the wall. Each day the ones older than 5 days are removed. When a customer comes in with their receipt the attendant pulls the one with the same Lic # off the wall, staples them together and it's counted as the monetary value of the re wash.

Now that I have said all that I am thinking of eliminating most of this work because the local competition with pay stations just issues a bar code receipt for the re wash. I think customers figured out it could be used for any car. Changes it to a 2 fer 1 but I think I have to match the competition.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
There is a potential theft issue with this system. Customer does not ask for the re wash ticket. Cashier pockets it and in 3 days substitutes it for a cash purchase.

bighead

Reaction score
I hadn't thought of the potential for internal theft, thanks Earl

chadrpalmer

Reaction score
IMO rain guarantees suck. Make it a clean car guarantee good for ANY reason. Much less hassle.

jfmoran

Reaction score
Set up a new menu at a wash about 13 years ago. We included the 48 Hour Clean Car Guarantee as part of the top wash only. Within the first year, our top wash rate was 65%. Redemption rate on Clean Car Guarantee was less than 1%. redemption was tracked by their receipt or we had their license plate info in our POS system. If a customer returned within the 48 Hour window, the redemption was automatic (as long as it was the correct license plate) as processed by the ICS POS. Outside of the 48 Hour window required a manager approval to override or deny.