What's new

Radius vs Kondor

wyatt

Reaction score
I have to replace an old southern pride turbo wash.

I've done my homework on different washes and read all previous posts about touchless autos.

I was about ready to pull the trigger on a Kondor with the lighted arms BUT someone down the street from where I live put one in about 6 months ago. So far this month I've seen the repair company there about 1-2 times a week. Definitely getting cold feet now...

My other option is the Radius.

Those are really the only two systems that have service support in my town.

Any thoughts?

With both systems I would want them loaded (lights, triple foam, ect.)

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I have an older Radius that will be replaced with a Petit. It's been a solid machine coming on 12 years old. I just had to replace(myself) the PLC though! Other than the somewhat slow speed, I would think the newer machine with the wash builder and LED's and Foam rain bar should show nice. They were offering them for $95K a few months ago so that was tempting.

Another wash in my AO has a site with 3 IBA's with the Kondors. At least one is always down and I
've spoken to a kid that works there and he says everyone that works there including the owners aren't happy with them.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
That's a really difficult job, until someone lets you know that the whole terminal bar comes off with two screws, then it takes about three minutes.
I want to shoot myself. That's it. I'll never go it alone before asking here. I even emailed Ryko and my tech and they didn't tell me this.

Attachments

wyatt

Reaction score
I have an older Radius that will be replaced with a Petit. It's been a solid machine coming on 12 years old. I just had to replace(myself) the PLC though! Other than the somewhat slow speed, I would think the newer machine with the wash builder and LED's and Foam rain bar should show nice. They were offering them for $95K a few months ago so that was tempting.

Another wash in my AO has a site with 3 IBA's with the Kondors. At least one is always down and I
've spoken to a kid that works there and he says everyone that works there including the owners aren't happy with them.
Thank you for the reply!

I talked with Petit and that wash won't fit in my bay and I don't have garage doors (Petit requires those).

I am definitely thinking to steer clear of the Kondor now and lean towards the Radius.

wyatt

Reaction score
I'm also intrigued by the wash world razor edge. There isn't anyone in my town that is a distributer but there are some a few hours away. How is maintenance on these? Would a belanger or ryko repair man be able to do service work on these easily?

Any idea which one is a better bang for your buck? Radius seems to be a fair amount cheaper...

washnshine

Reaction score
I'm also intrigued by the wash world razor edge. There isn't anyone in my town that is a distributer but there are some a few hours away.
A few hours away is not bad for a good distributor and if it is a quality machine.

Roz

Reaction score
I'm also intrigued by the wash world razor edge. There isn't anyone in my town that is a distributer but there are some a few hours away. How is maintenance on these? Would a belanger or ryko repair man be able to do service work on these easily?

Any idea which one is a better bang for your buck? Radius seems to be a fair amount cheaper...
Razors are awesome and fairly easy to maintain. WW documents everything nicely and there are plenty of owners on this forum who can help you with any questions - however WW tech support is excellent and always helpful.

DiamondWash

Reaction score

My Wash is across the street from Ryko and I put in a WashWorld Razor...Ryko has a solid friction system the SoftGloss MAXX 5

Last edited:

soapy

Reaction score
I have a radius that is a couple of years old. I am very happy with it. I had one program issue with it a year ago but the distributor got us talked through the problem the next day. It washes quick and does a good job. I would buy another without hesitation.

MEP001

Reaction score
I want to shoot myself. That's it. I'll never go it alone before asking here. I even emailed Ryko and my tech and they didn't tell me this.
I went through the same thing with a D&S 5000, had already swapped the unit four times because of their errors before another tech told me about it.

wyatt

Reaction score
I have a radius that is a couple of years old. I am very happy with it. I had one program issue with it a year ago but the distributor got us talked through the problem the next day. It washes quick and does a good job. I would buy another without hesitation.
Do you have all the bells and whistles? Are they worth pursuing?

soapy

Reaction score
I have everything except the lava sheet wax function. It was available but I was not interested. Rocker panel blasters, trifoams, rain x reg wax etc. I would definitely look at a radius. I go through other IBA all the time when I am traveling and have never found one that cleans any better. Whatever brand you choose I would suggest upping the dryer setup that most offer. I added some Sonnys Mammoth dryers to a couple of my IBA that already had a 3 fan dryer. It lets me put out a very dry car compared to most IBAs. I will add these to my others soon.

wyatt

Reaction score
I have everything except the lava sheet wax function. It was available but I was not interested. Rocker panel blasters, trifoams, rain x reg wax etc. I would definitely look at a radius. I go through other IBA all the time when I am traveling and have never found one that cleans any better. Whatever brand you choose I would suggest upping the dryer setup that most offer. I added some Sonnys Mammoth dryers to a couple of my IBA that already had a 3 fan dryer. It lets me put out a very dry car compared to most IBAs. I will add these to my others soon.
I appreciate the feedback. Currently I'm thinking to have the lava sheet but skip the triple foam. I have triple foam on a few other machines and want to try the lava sheet.

Good info on the dryers. I'm hoping to get a set of used dryers if possible but I'm open to the idea of new ones.

TSchmitz

Reaction score
Can you send some pictures of your dryer setup? Also do you run VFDs on them? Thanks

soapy

Reaction score
I ran a post on the dryers a couple of years ago but can't find it listed.

wyatt

Reaction score
would you mind telling me what you included in each of your wash packages? I have to get new signage made and need to work on what will be included for each package (only going to have 3 choices).

acewash

Reaction score
I know this post is a couple months old, but I just listed my 2017 radius for sale. It has all the options including lava curtain, 26,000 washes, property is for sale with or without equipment. Still in operation. Listed on this fourm under the for sale/used equip.

FuturaFan

Reaction score
I have to replace an old southern pride turbo wash.

I've done my homework on different washes and read all previous posts about touchless autos.

I was about ready to pull the trigger on a Kondor with the lighted arms BUT someone down the street from where I live put one in about 6 months ago. So far this month I've seen the repair company there about 1-2 times a week. Definitely getting cold feet now...

My other option is the Radius.

Those are really the only two systems that have service support in my town.

Any thoughts?

With both systems I would want them loaded (lights, triple foam, ect.)
The Radius is a great touchless system, so is the Washworld Razor. I would prefer the Washworld Razor though, as it is a more modern system and has more features. It also has quite a few optional features, for example, Spectra-Ray. Colorchanging bay light often make the bay more appealing, and will want to make the customers keep coming back. Try a Washworld Razor, I'm sure you would like it.