What's new

R/O arch leaking

sudsurfer

Reaction score
Use a rainbar on our r/o with side rinsers. Would not shut off and drips continuously. Tried cleaning solenoid, then replacing solenoid, then a check valve right before the arch. Still drips. Any suggestions?

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
Define "drips continuously". Is it siphoning from the RO storage tank or just emptying the plumbing the rain bar and arch? You could install a ball valve after the solenoid to see if it is actually leaking through it.
Our rain bars are installed upside down so they don't drain between uses. Seems to work well.

carnut2

Express Exterior
Reaction score
Define "drips continuously". Is it siphoning from the RO storage tank or just emptying the plumbing the rain bar and arch? You could install a ball valve after the solenoid to see if it is actually leaking through it.
Our rain bars are installed upside down so they don't drain between uses. Seems to work well.
Yes it is siphoning from the RO storage tank. Wondering how it can be getting past a brand new "normanlly closed" solenoid. Am installing a stainless steel check valve at rainbar. Does the rainbars installed upside down still function normally?

MEP001

Reaction score
Some high-pressure rated solenoids require some pressure to hold closed properly.

MEP001

Reaction score
It's not strange at all if the solenoid needs pressure behind it to seat properly.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Is the spot free the only source for your arch? If not, possibly another solenoid in the mix that might be an issue? On my IBA, I have a choice of water types to run through my arch, thus I have multiple entry points.

Etowah