What's new

quiet vacuums for express wash

jrecchi

Reaction score
Would like information on purchasing quiet vacuums for a proposed express wash. Individual vacs is preferred but I do think that central vacs are a lot quieter. Does anyone know the decibel ratings on stand alone vacs vs central vacs?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Would like information on purchasing quiet vacuums for a proposed express wash. Individual vacs is preferred but I do think that central vacs are a lot quieter. Does anyone know the decibel ratings on stand alone vacs vs central vacs?
Don't know the answer but I think if they are too quiet people may think they are not working. An advantage to a central vac is tht you can put the unit in an enclosure to muffle the noise. Running piping underground helps too but you need to make sure you can service the pipe without breaking concrete if you can help it. Harder to do with individual vacs.

thoffmanjr

Reaction score
We had quiet self service vacs years ago from Ginsan or Dilling-Harris I think. The dome was lined with foam and they were quite a bit quieter.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
jrecchi & others,

Would it help to specify the quiet Lamb motors --- I assume they are still available or did they discontinue them? I remember that Lamb used to advertise or list a specific vac motor that was supposed to be very decibels.

MJ

Bob C.

Reaction score
I have used IVS vacuums for years with the lamb quiet motors, and they came with the dome lined with foam. This came with a extra charge though. They are very quiet.