What's new

Quickest way to find bad check valve

Keno

Reaction score
I think I have a bad check valve in one or more of my bays. Hose blowing off flojet outlet, brand new flojet starts leaking air after 1 day. What is the quickest and easiest way to find the bad check valves?

cbchevy4x4

Reaction score
pull the tube off the flow jet outlet and start turning on functions in the bays, start with high pressure functions. when you got water going the wrong way in the ER you found the culprit.

MEP001

Reaction score
You might have the inlet pressure to the Flojet too high.

Keno

Reaction score
pull the tube off the flow jet outlet and start turning on functions in the bays, start with high pressure functions. when you got water going the wrong way in the ER you found the culprit.
Thanks for the response, I tried this earlier today and couldn’t find anything back feeding. Maybe its not a bad check valve.

MEP001

Reaction score
65 is fine, but the symptom of air leaking doesn't in my experience correspond with a bad check valve. That will usually crack the plastic housing. If the regulator is bad, the pressure might creep up to 150-175 depending on your compressor.

Keno

Reaction score
65 is fine, but the symptom of air leaking doesn't in my experience correspond with a bad check valve. That will usually crack the plastic housing. If the regulator is bad, the pressure might creep up to 150-175 depending on your compressor.
Compressor is set at 80psi shut off. Local regulator for this flojet is brand new and set at 65.

A little more background on the situation. When we took over the site there was a g57 kalrez on there leaking air bad. I replaced it with a viton model, when I came in next day outlet line was blown off (could have been my rookie clamping skills with oetiker clamps), air was leaking out of flojet, and chemical all over the floor. Luckily flojet stalled out and had stopped pumping, or there would have been more water everywhere. I replaced with another viton unit and seems to be holding for last 2 days without line blowing off or flojet leaking air.