What's new

Quick vending question

Do you only vend car care products?

• Yes

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • No, we also vend soda/drinks

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • No, we also vend soda/drinks and _________________________________ (fill in blank in comments)

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Vended drinks in the past and honestly just felt like the juice ain't worth the squeeze. Sure I grossed an 50-100 bucks a month but when you figure time to procure and stock, as well as the cost of refrigeration on my power bill ($30/Month) it just ain't worth it to me. Some washes that are in areas with no nearby convenience stores might could do well with them

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like soda vending. I would like to refine the process by buying in bulk, maybe 20 cases at a time.

The vending machine is more of an interesting and fun thing; not a big profit but it all helps and its pretty easy.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
I had a soda machine at a wash some 20 years ago, netted about $50 a month. Would have been easily twice that if I had owned the machine instead of doing it under contract with Coca-Cola, but the machine was destroyed twice and replaced at no cost to me.

Reaction score
Ripped down all the blind drop vending and put in a used Crane glass front machine. Paid $2k for the machine and seriously doubt that it will ever pay for itself. Meh....gives my kids something to do, so it's worth it.

MC3033

Reaction score
Experience with drinks was not great and quickly went away from it. Would love to offer it again (just a great convenience adder) but will need to see something that really sparks an interest in trying again

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Debra,

We moved all our vending indoors within our attached laundromat because of vandalism-theft issues

Drinks, snacks etc. We have separate machines for the chemical items ... maybe not a hazard but ... it might give someone an excuse to criticize the lack of separation.

traveler17

Reaction score
I had a soda machine at a wash some 20 years ago, netted about $50 a month. Would have been easily twice that if I had owned the machine instead of doing it under contract with Coca-Cola, but the machine was destroyed twice and replaced at no cost to me.
Same here, was on a contract and got about $60 a month until a truck tied up to it and pulled it down the road 😬

MEP001

Reaction score
That's what happened with one of mine. The other was salted and emptied of product and never worked right again.

MEP001

Reaction score
Salted ??
It may not be a thing anymore, but they'd pour salt water into the coin slot and it would run down onto the controller and buttons and short them out so the machine would just vend something every time a button is pressed.

traveler17

Reaction score
It may not be a thing anymore, but they'd pour salt water into the coin slot and it would run down onto the controller and buttons and short them out so the machine would just vend something every time a button is pressed.
Always amazes me the 💩 people come up with