What's new

quick question

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
How much back pressure can a solenoid take when it is not in use before it is damaged? I am trying to set up my foam brush purge system and I don't know if I need a check valve to keep the foam brush solution from putting pressure on my solenoids for the washer fluid.

MEP001

Reaction score
A solenoid is just a check valve in reverse. Pressure on the outlet side won't hurt it, but it also won't stop flow from pushing its way through the solenoid, through the pump and into the diluted chemical. Depending on your pump setup, that should prevent any real problems (A FloJet will stop any backflow, but a Procon on a controller will not).

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight. I am using a flojet pump, so I am not worried about product mixing back into the tank. I was able to find some 1/4" check valves in the Dultmeir catalog, so now I won't have to worry about it.

RykoPro made up a purge system for me that will purge WW fluid through my FB lines once the temp gets below a setpoint. If the temp stays below the setpoint, and FB is used, that bay will be purged after a delay. Once I get everything setup, I will post some pics and let you guys know how it works.