What's new

quick dry additive for water

wendy's wash

Reaction score
Customer came in this morning. White male about 35-40. Turned on bay using soap. Wet down and sprayed entire truck untill time ran out. Grabbed foambrush and started useing it dry, to scrub his truck. I am dumping trash and hear him say to me, their is to much quick dry in the water. I said what!!! Never heard of that. If their is quick dry in the water, the city put it there. His complaint was he could not fully scrub his truck useing the dry foambrush all the way around it, because the water on the other side had already dryed by the time he got to it. Now it was 8am and the temp was 89 degrees outside. Can anyone direct me to the place to buy this so called quick dry water additive so customers will have to spend even more money washing.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Customer came in this morning. White male about 35-40. Turned on bay using soap. Wet down and sprayed entire truck untill time ran out. Grabbed foambrush and started useing it dry, to scrub his truck. I am dumping trash and hear him say to me, their is to much quick dry in the water. I said what!!! Never heard of that. If their is quick dry in the water, the city put it there. His complaint was he could not fully scrub his truck useing the dry foambrush all the way around it, because the water on the other side had already dryed by the time he got to it. Now it was 8am and the temp was 89 degrees outside. Can anyone direct me to the place to buy this so called quick dry water additive so customers will have to spend even more money washing.
I know your comment was tongue in cheek, but tunnel washes use a "Drying Agent" which reduces the water surfasce tension so it can runn off the casr faster. To an extent it is kind of like Black magic because you make sure the car has no soap residue, rinse it with the DA, and then use a "Setting Arch" which puts plain water on top of this. It helps the water runoff and get blown off the car more easily. I am sure that if you put it in the SS bay there would be all sorts of other issues to contend with . But you may have hit on an interesting idea!

Randy

Reaction score
We are using a wetting agent here today. It's 61 deg. with a light drizzle.